The One Choice That Led to Death
by Bishop Keith A. Butler
And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the
judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many
offences unto justification.
The first instance of God saying something and it not being done
occurred after God gave a limit to Adam, and satan challenged Eve about
whether God had really said it. In the end, Adam openly disobeyed the
one limit God placed on his existence and purpose in Paradise. As a
consequence, Adam and Eve were ejected from the garden and gave up
their crowns for the yoke of death.
Again, it wasn’t God’s choice; it was a human one. It is still that
way. Our choices always have consequences. God chose to risk everything
by giving us the power of choice in the hope that we would choose His
way freely and from the heart.
God gave Adam one boundary and countless free choices outside that
boundary. Humankind tends to set up countless boundaries and provide
only a few limited choices-especially when God has been removed from
the center of their lives.
I praise you for loving me enough to set boundaries, for loving me
enough to show me the good path which leads to life. Thank you for your
Selah: Think on These Things
* Galatians 3:10
* James 2:10
- The Wages of Sin. Death! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The power of choice has a good side and a bad side to it (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Paradise Lost! But Thank You Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Thanks, Adam and Eve (beamuses.com)
- God Has A Plan And You Are In It (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- How to Turn the Worst of Times into the Best of Times (cherilynclough.com)
- Yes, It Could Be Too Late for You…. (jesusisms.wordpress.com)