Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? By Pastor Graham. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I … Continue reading
Godly Contentment! 1 Timothy 6:6-7. “Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.” NKJV. In the world today, many believe that acquiring wealth leads … Continue reading
If God Is For Us, Who Can Be Against Us? Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Are you faced with challenges in your life right now? … Continue reading
Without the miraculous the cross of Christ would lose its impact and become another dead religion. This would bring the cross of Christ to the realm of reason and argument. If this were to be, then the Word of God … Continue reading
Homeless to Hero: One Pastor Making History in India By Efrem Graham
NEW DELHI, India – Christians comprise a little more than two percent of India’s population but that has not stopped one pastor from making history.
Pastor R. Abraham‘s latest accomplishment brought together some 17,000 pastors to a daytime leadership conference and nearly 1 million people to four-day evening prayer meeting.
And that’s just part of the story of a man who’s gone from homeless to hero.
Abraham spoke with CBN News in a park outside the country’s capital New Delhi, just days before turning 60. He recalled hearing God‘s voice calling him to the ministry. He was 21 and enjoying his new career as a chemist.
From Security to Homeless
“I could even have a car,” Abraham said. “To have a car in 1974 is a big deal. It was a pretty high paying job in those days. So you felt like your life is secure.”
“And God spoke to me, almost like an audible voice,” he continued. “God said to me, ‘Son, I have called you for a very specific purpose. I want you to resign your job, get out of your home, and go and preach the gospel to your people.’ I was, like, whoa.”
Though he had no idea how to preach, Pastor Abraham obeyed the call. But just months into his ministry, Abraham was broke, homeless, and hungry.
“Having something to eat was the biggest miracle in my life in those days,” he said. “And in the night I had no place to go, so I used to wait for the shops to pull down the shutters so that I could sleep in front of the corridors of the shops. And I started to wonder, why did He call me? Why?”
Reaching India’s Desperate
After two years of prayer and patience, Pastor Abraham joined forces with another minister to start New India Church of God. The organization now reaches across India through more than 3,000 churches.
“I have always responded to the leading of God, and I have always responded to the needs,” Pastor Abraham said, looking back on his accomplishment. “There is a need that made me do whatever you see was done because of the need that was before my eyes.”
The Bethesda Children’s Homes is one of those needs. It’s a network of 14 orphanages around his country, all founded by Pastor Abraham.
He opened the first after visiting an area of his country where parents were selling their children for pennies. Many would end up working in sweat shops or on the streets.
Two of girls at one of the orphanages shared their horrific stories with CBN News. One remembered her dad pouring kerosene on her mom and burning her death. Another recalled her mom being drunk and throwing her out of the house.
“That just tore my heart apart. I just stood there and cried,” Abraham recalled. “And the Lord was telling me, ‘well, who is going to take care of them?'”
“And for the first time ever in my life, I opened my mouth and said I will take care of them,” he continued. “I went back to their parents and I said, ‘Don’t sell them. Give them to me.’ “
Caring for Pastors
In addition to its 14 orphanages, Pastor Abraham’s ministry operates 16 Bible colleges. There are also six Christian mission schools.
“I am totally committed to helping children,” Abraham said. “I really have a heart for the children. I want to do the best.”
Pastor Abraham has a heart for Indian people, young and old. His latest project is building a retirement home for aging pastors.
“The pastors here in India, they don’t have any pension. They don’t have any life insurance. They don’t have any social security,” he explained. “The only thing is they are either looked after by their children or they’re out on the streets.”
Partners for Help
Pastor Abraham has lived on the streets and doesn’t want to see anyone there. At 60, he said he’s got at least another 40 years to reach them with the Gospel and a heavenly home.
And his ministry is seeing some help. CBN’s Orphan’s Promise has partnered with him at one of his 14 orphanages, and students at Regent University have also started a campus ministry called Christ for India to help raise awareness and support for Abraham’s work.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- BORN INTO GOD’S GREATNESS By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Christ Embassy International (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Am I being Terah to my husband? (teresasthoughtsfortoday.wordpress.com)
- “It’s Not Over Till It’s Over” (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- RCCG Women In Ministry Conference 2013 “The Dependable Minister and End time” Welcome Address By Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye (Mummuy G. O) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Genesis 22. God Commands Abraham To Offer Isaac (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Pastoring the Pastor (reformedreader.wordpress.com)
- Success and Prosperity! How To Do Excellent Things By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Christ Embassy International (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Pastor To Waitress: ‘I Give God 10% Why Do You Get 18;’ Then Gets Waitress Fired (alan.com)
- Cheap Pastors (stuartdelony.com)
- How Should a Reformed Pastor Be Charismatic? (joshharris.com)
DIVINE APPOINTMENTS! GOD CAN TURN OBSTACLES INTO
Have you ever been stuck in an airport? For 24 hours? In a
city where you can’t speak the language? Four thousand miles from home?
It happened to a friend recently, and we can learn from his
response. While most of us would find such an inconvenience intolerable, my
friend John saw God’s hand in his delay. As he waited out his forced stay, he
looked for opportunities to connect with fellow passengers. He “happened” to
find some fellow Christians from India – and in talking to them he heard about
a ministry they were involved with. In
fact, because John’s interest matched his new friends’ ministry, they invited
him to India to participate in a short – term project.
How often do we experience delays, changes of plans, and
redirections and treat them as intrusions? It could be that God is detouring us
so we can do something different or new for Him. Consider Paul’s trip to
Philippi in Acts 16. He had gone to Macedonia because of a God-directed vision
(vv.9-10). How could he know that he would end up in prison there? But even
that trip to jail was God-led, because He used Paul to bring salvation to a
jailer and his family (vv.25-34).
God can use inconveniences in our lives if we look at them
as divine appointments. – Dave Branon
“Disappointment – His appointment,”
Change one letter, then I see
That the thwarting of my purpose
Is God’s better choice for me. – Young.
God can turn obstacles into opportunities!
- Heroes Worship! I Will Praise You, for I Am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made (psalm 139:14) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Acts 16-17 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Hip Hop Culture 101 Pt 3 – FIVE Elements? By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- A Hero’s Story (catlos14.wordpress.com)
- Acts 18-19 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- JESUS LOVES YOU AND HE UNDERSTANDS YOUR PAINS AND SORROWS! The Lord Is Gracious And Full Of Compassion. Psalm 145:8 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Approve Excellence” ( Philippians 1: 10, KJV ) by Carley Evans (lambskinny.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Praise and Worship (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- REACTIONS – Acts 17 (gregburdine.wordpress.com)
- Changing your circumstances.. (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- 4 Things to Remember When You Have a Change in Plans – John 4:4 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- Honour your father and mother that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus: The Time has Come to Rediscover the Glory of Your Divine State (stevebeckow.com)
- Friday, September 30: The Assigning of the Call (zippersandrivets.wordpress.com)
- Habakkuk 1 3 The Embrace Of Faith (stevemidkiff.wordpress.com)
- St. Michael (deaconjohn1987.wordpress.com)
- Consecration to the Holy Angels (deaconjohn1987.wordpress.com)
- Divine Appointments! God Can Turn Obstacles Into Opportunities! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Seven Glories of the Giver (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know What You Are Called to Do? (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Love Series: Forcing Something Before It’s Time (sabinspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Scriptures – Moved by the Spirit (part two – the Words) (mindrenewers.com)
- 4 Things to Remember When You Have a Change in Plans – John 4:4 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- Divine Appointments Don’t Always Feel Divine by Michelle D. Howe (iwokeupyesterday.com)
- Treasures (hopeforallmin.wordpress.com)
- The Lord’s Prayer in John Chapter 17 (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
miraculous the cross of Christ would lose its impact and become another dead
religion. This would bring the cross of Christ to the realm of reason and
argument. If this were to be, then the Word of God could only be delivered by
orators. True Christianity however is in the demonstration of the Spirit and of
Power. Anything short of this is substandard. ‘
years ago, I heard TL Osborn tell his great inspirational story. He was a
missionary in India with his wife. They ministered to thousands of Hindus,
Moslems and several other people who had never heard the gospel of Jesus
Christ, but they weren’t winning as many people as they had anticipated. The
more they tried the lesser the result they had. Frustrated, TL Osborn and his
wife went back to America. He decided to study the Bible like he had never done
before. While he studied, the Lord Jesus appeared to him in a vision and he had
life – transforming revelations. As marvellous as these experience were, they
One day, he
saw an advert inviting people to a healing crusade organized by another man of
God and he decided to go. When he got to the crusade he saw the man of God
perform different kinds of miracles in the Name of Jesus; the lame walked the
blind saw and the dumb spoke. As he watched all these things he heard a
thousand voices saying, “You can do that
….you can do that …….you can do that ….” He had received the revelation of
Jesus in the book and then in a vision. Now, he got the greatest revelation of
all; the revelation of Jesus in a man. He and his wife went back to India this
time armed with a fresh revelation of Jesus the Christ. As he mounted the
platform to minister, deaf ears were unstopped, blind eyes opened, the lame
jumped and danced for joy; there were mighty demonstrations of the power of the
Spirit. Thousands of souls were also won to Christ. It’s been that way in his
ministry ever since.
make the necessary impact in the world for Jesus without the miraculous.
Therefore, don’t take anyone who says otherwise seriously, irrespective of his
status or reputation, for he or she surely doesn’t truly believe in Jesus
- Keep Shining (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sabbath 7/2/2011 (macjrpublishing.wordpress.com)
- Learn to Forgive (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Did Mary Remain A Virgin After She Gave Birth To Jesus Christ? (soulrefuge.org)
- Whosoever Will… (bethusminded.wordpress.com)
- No childish devotion (hughosb.wordpress.com)
- You are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus! (octavia137.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts of the Day 07/02/11 (lettersfromthetop.wordpress.com)
- Maryam (19:1-63), II (christianreadsquran.wordpress.com)
- Blest! (truth4today.wordpress.com)
- You Are Established to Shine in Zion (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Get Involved with Clarity (greerhome.wordpress.com)
- Mormon Are Christian (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)
- How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit (godsbreath.wordpress.com)
- Christianity Is More Than Word, It’s Miraculous (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In the Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We Are Miracle Workers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be Conscious of Who You Are in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sinless King Who Died For Us (pinkforpeace.wordpress.com)
- What the church of God is (thechurchofgodglorious.wordpress.com)
- Who Knows That You Know? (compassiondave.wordpress.com)
- Announcement: The Lord Jesus Christ is coming to an atmosphere near you soon (tammy4christ.wordpress.com)
- Why don’t Jews vote Republican? Its the Jesus Christ thing. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)