People today run after two things: miraculous signs and wonders, and knowledge. It was no different in Bible times. The apostle Paul acknowledged that “Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom”. (1 Corinthians 1:22)
So when Paul preached Christ crucified as God’s solution to them, the message was “to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness”. (1 Corinthians 1:23) They didn’t understand how getting a revelation of Jesus and His death could give them the miracles they needed or the wisdom they wanted.
Beloved, we don’t have to run after miracles or wisdom today. We just need to run after Jesus because He is “The Power of God and The Wisdom of God”. The more we know Christ and Christ crucified, the more we will have the power and wisdom of God.
Several church members have shared how they have seen the power of God blast financial debts out of their lives. Not knowing what to do about their debts, they looked to the Lord to deliver them. And the Lord was able to do so mightily because He is indeed the power of God.
So if you are facing a financial debt, Christ has the power to remove the debt. And because He is also the wisdom of God, He will show you where you went wrong and teach you how to stay out of debt!
Let me give you another illustration. Let’s say a man, whose wife has left him, looks to Jesus to bring his wife back. Christ, the power of God, brings about a miraculous restoration of their marriage. But it is Christ, the wisdom of God, who will teach the husband how to keep his wife by showing him what he had done wrong and what to do to strengthen the marriage. If the husband does not have this wisdom, it will only be a matter of time before the same problems surface and his wife leaves him again.
My friend, Christ is both The Power and Wisdom of God to us. As the Power of God, He removes obstacles in our paths. As the Wisdom of God, He continually directs our paths!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- God Encounters / Foolishness (j4man.wordpress.com)
- 6 Bullet Points on Preaching (challies.com)
- What Do I Write…. Jesus Christ Is Lord! (justmureithi.wordpress.com)
- WisdomThrough God’s Spirit & Not Mankind (divinityhc.wordpress.com)
- We Preach Christ Crucified (bartlescrivener.wordpress.com)
- 55. “Its is all Too Simple” (vertrep.com)
- The Two Questions That Will Destroy Your Faith (thereformedwesleyan.com)
- Why Replacement Theology is Silly (5ptsalt.com)
- Did the divinity of Jesus emerge slowly after many years of embellishments? (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- Day 10 – the Wisdom of God Is Christ (31daysofwisdom.wordpress.com)