Titus 3. Christian conduct. Graces of the heirs of Grace. God. Doing helpful things. (Show chapter frame) 1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, 2 … Continue reading
Titus 2. Qualities of a sound Church. Sound doctrine of Christ Jesus. God. God’s kindness and the new life. (Show chapter frame) 1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2 That the aged men be sober, grave, … Continue reading
We are not saved by our good works, but saved in order to do good works
“Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” So she persuaded us.”
As we see in Acts 16, Lydia was not saved by good works, but saved in order to do good works.
Once saved, Lydia began to fellowship with other Christians. You see, it is the responsibility of every Christian to be in fellowship with other Christians. Fellowship helps you in your faith, and it will help other believers in their faith.
The author of Hebrews says, “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching” Hebrews 10:24-25 NKJV.
The word used for ‘stir up’ also means to ‘provoke’. It is like going to the dentist…stay with me here. When you go for a check-up, the dentist uses a sharp tool to poke around at your teeth, right? It is not until he pokes the one tooth that makes you jump that you discover you’ve got a cavity. Once you know that you have a problem with your tooth, you can take steps to fix it. It’s not pleasant, but it’s necessary as it keeps a small problem from turning into a big problem.
Interaction with other believers may not always be comfortable. Someone may see our sore spots – areas where we are weak or where we fail to glorify God. We may even get ‘poked’ in those spots. Sometimes we are not aware of the sore spot and the ‘poking’ brings to our attention the need to repent and change. Other times we are covering up the sore spot, and it takes encouragement from a brother or sister for us to make a change. Now, I’m not saying that you should nitpick all your friends until you find something wrong that you can point out to them – not at all! Rather, it’s a natural part of fellowship with other believers. Solomon put it this way:
Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.” NLT
When you grind two pieces of iron together, you may get sparks, but it’s not just one piece of iron that is sharpened; both pieces benefit from the process. Don’t ignore this vital part of your Christian walk! I’m probably poking someone in a sore spot right now (poke!).
Life Lesson: We should fellowship or hang out with people in the church.
Thank You for loving me. Thank You that I am not alone in this Christian walk. Please forgive me for the times when I have neglected fellowship. Please give me a desire to fellowship with my family in Christ. I pray this in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our churches should be a place of ministry, not merely a place of gathering (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Salvation By Grace and Not Works (karwenji.wordpress.com)
- Losing Your Salvation (bloodofthelamb.wordpress.com)
- Daily Devotional | The Power Of Praise (thelivingwordministries.wordpress.com)
- Who Are You Motivating? Hebrews 10:24 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- The Community of Trust (conversationinfaith.wordpress.com)
- Outside the Camp – Thoughts on Sin, Salvation, and Ministry (coveredlawenforcement.wordpress.com)
- Works Through Faith (spendomai.com)
- The New Year and Good Works (daringlutheran.net)
- Where Do Good Works Spring? (spurgeon.wordpress.com)
- Question 61 – Can I be saved by doing good works? (gospelofoneness.wordpress.com)
- It Will Never Be Enough (timpayne.org)
light? Light is that which makes manifest; it gives direction and shows the
way. Also light brings fulfilment and joy. This is why He gave you the
responsibility of teaching the people of the world the way to live (Matthew
28:19). What a calling, what an honour, what a commission!
announced to the people that He is the Light of the world (John 8:12). You are
the light of the world today, in the same sense as Jesus was the light of the
world in His day. If you are a student, you are the light of your school. If
you are a businessman, you are the light of your industry. If you are a
policeman, you are the light of the service. If you are a soldier, you are the
light of the army.
made you the light of the world! When you understand this truth, it’ll put
springs in your steps. There can be no darkness in your life anymore for you
are the light of the world. Sickness, poverty, discouragement and death are no
longer part of your life. There’s something special about you. You’re unique
and different; you’re a shining light. Begin to walk in this reality today.
I’VE FOUND MY PLACE.
I’VE DISCOVERED WHO I AM – THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. I AM SHINING FOR JESUS
CHRIST TODAY! I WILL NEVER WALK IN DARKNESS. I WILL NEVER WALK IN CONFUSION OR
DEFEAT BUT IN VICTORY, IN JESUS CHRIST NAME, AMEN!
- Blest! (truth4today.wordpress.com)
- Greatness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Pride Kills Everything (anointedplace.wordpress.com)
- Learn to Forgive (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Church Is Relevant to Salvation (esoriano.wordpress.com)
- Where are your eyes? (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Don Konick: “The Final Piece of the Puzzle or what I call The Secret of Life” (briancoatney.com)
- All Who Win Souls are Wise (sisterdot.wordpress.com)
- You are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus! (octavia137.wordpress.com)
- God and Darkness and Light (Part 2) (bloggerfornow.wordpress.com)
- Sermon on the Mount: The Influence of the Righteous – Matthew 5:13-16 (xulonjam.wordpress.com)
- follow the LIGHT (benjamin-clark.com)
- Trinity of God :: In the Beginning (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Be Conscious of Who You Are in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Keep Shining (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Let Your Light So Shine Before Men (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Readings for First Sunday of Advent (pappanspeople.wordpress.com)
- In the Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lord Jesus Christ Draw Close (godspace.wordpress.com)
- First Sunday of Advent (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- We Are Miracle Workers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Announcement: The Lord Jesus Christ is coming to an atmosphere near you soon (tammy4christ.wordpress.com)
- Nov. 20, 2011 – Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ The King – A kingdom of Love in our midst (cesarsalad.wordpress.com)