Why Does The Church Exist? You Need The Church And The Church Needs You
Acts 2 is a description of the church of the first century. This church changed their world. It was said of them, not as a compliment I might add, that they turned their world upside down. We need to go to this church for our example to see how to do church right. This church was healthy. In fact, you could sum it up in this acronym: WELL. They were well.
1. They were a worshipping church.
Verse 47 says, “Praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved” (NKJV). Something wonderful happens when God’s people come together for corporate worship. It’s just amazing.
The world doesn’t have anything like it. Worship is a wonderful way to get things in perspective.
2. They were an evangelistic church.
There was a constant flow of new believers coming into the church. New believers are the lifeblood of the church. If we are not evangelizing, we will soon be fossilizing. That is why we should always be bringing our friends, neighbors, loved ones, and coworkers to church and pray that they will come to Christ.
3. They were a learning church.
The early church was into God’s Word. Verse 42 reads, “They continued steadfastly in the apostle’s doctrine” (NKJV)—meaning they did it with a real passion.
There was a passion and an excitement. 1 Peter 2:2 says, “Like newborn babies, you should crave pure spiritual milk (NLT).” You crave it. You hear the Word of God. It is attention with intention.
4. They were a loving church.
The Greek word koinonia in Acts 2:42 could be translated as fellowship, or communion. It talks about something special that happens when God’s people get together—when we fellowship and we are talking about the things of the Lord and sharing things that God has done in our lives and verses that are meaningful and even joking and having fun.
All of it can be a wonderful thing that God will bless.
• The closer you are to God the closer you will want to be with His people. The further you are from God the further you will want to distance yourself from His people.
• Every one of us should be a functioning part of the church. If you want to be a growing and successful Christian, read the Bible and pray. Be an active part of the church.
You need to be in a regular place where God’s people are gathering together for worship, teaching, and all of the wonderful things that the church does.
Why does the church exist? The church exists for three reasons
- The glorification of God (we are here to bring honor and glory to the Lord as a church and as individuals),
2. The edification of the saints (we are here to build up one another and encourage one another), and
3. The evangelization of the world. Here is a simpler way to remember it: Upward. Inward. Outward. We want to be a part of that. You need the church and the church needs you. The church is an oasis of hope in a desert of hopelessness.
Thank You Jesus.
Was This Post Helpful? And Informative? Please Leave Your Comment In The Box Below
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry.
Good Morning Dear!
It cost a lot of money to maintain a website! Nonetheless a non-profit Christian website.
Please if you have been blessed by this ministry and you are led to support and bless this ministry in return.
Please make your donation to this account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah.
Account Number: 0139438409.
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
To help us continue in the spreading of The GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to every corner of this world.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May GOD we Serve Bless You A Million Times in return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah