Why does God allow Christians to go through trials and testing? God is in control. He is going to work it out for His good
Why does God allow Christians to go through trials and testing? Things are going along wonderfully. Suddenly, without warning (or so it would seem), one problem after another comes tumbling into our lives. Things are looking bleak. Then the clouds part and the sun shines again.
Everything is better.
Why do we go through those hard times? Why do we go through those emotional lows? Why do we go through those days of difficulty? Why do these things happen to us?
I have no idea. But the Bible has a lot to say about it.
1. God allows trials in our lives so we will grow up spiritually.
God allows tests in our lives and rarely announces them ahead of time. He just lays them on us. Effectively the Lord is saying, “You say you know this material. Let’s test you and see how well you are doing.” Trials take us from the realm of theory to reality so we can start living out our faith in the real world. Trials make us strong.
2. God allows trials in our lives, but even when things are bleak all things work together for your good and God’s glory.
God is in control of all circumstances that surround the believer. There are no accidents. There is just providence. Romans 8:28 says, “All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (NKJV).
3. God’s ultimate purpose for us in trials, and in life, is to conform us into the image of Jesus Christ.
Yes we love Romans 8:28 but we forget that after that is Romans 8:29. Those two verses together give the big picture. Verse 29 reads, “For whom He foreknew, He also did predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son” (NASB). We look a lot of times at the here and now but God is looking at the bigger picture.
3. Suffering can bring glory to God.
Satan challenged God, who was bragging on Job, and said,
“You bless him and that is why He follows you.” But what did Job do when the bottom dropped out? He worshipped God, showing Satan was wrong. God’s confidence in Job was not misplaced.
4. Trials and suffering can be used by God to prepare us for a special task.
God is getting you ready for something. That was the case with Joseph. God was preparing him to be a great world leader, as he said, “to save many people alive.” God uses these experiences in life to transform us.
• Sometimes God is glorified by removing the problem and resolving the situation. Then there are times when God will be glorified not by the removal of the problem but by leaving it there and having you worship Him just the same.
• When you have gone through something you say, “Why did God allow me to go through this?” The answer may be we don’t know, but you are going to bring a lot of hope to somebody else who is going through it. You comfort with the comfort you have been comforted with.
• Perhaps the hardships of today are preparing you for greater opportunities tomorrow.
Whatever you are going to face, God will give you what you need when you need it, so don’t panic.
God is in control. He is going to work it out for His good.
Thank You Jesus!
Was This Post Helpful? And Informative? Please Leave Your Comment In The Box Below
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It cost a lot of money to maintain a website! Nonetheless a non-profit Christian website.
Please if you have been blessed by this ministry and you are led to support and bless this ministry in return.
Please make your donation to this account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
To help us continue in the spreading of The GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to every corner of this world.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May GOD we Serve Bless You A Million Times in return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah