When Christ comes back we shall be ready by God’s Grace
How should we live as believers in the last days?
Jesus Is Coming Soon
The Bible has a lot to say about the imminent return of Jesus. Our Lord spoke of this often. If you really believe Jesus is coming, it should impact the way that you live. If it does not, you are completely missing the point.
The whole point of studying Bible prophecy is to seek, to be ready for
His return, and thus live a godly life. We believe Jesus is coming. We want to be ready. How should we live as believers in the last days?
1. We should be shining lights in a dark place. Be ready for all that is coming. Be alert. Be prepared. Even if the Lord does not come as quickly as we had hoped.
2. We are to be watching for Him. Watching is the evidence of faith.
3. We need to be ready to go. To be ready for the return of Jesus is to be engaged in activities you would not be ashamed of if Jesus were to come.
4. We should be anxiously awaiting His return. There is an eagerness. We should have that eagerness.
5. We are to be working. Working is the evidence of faith in action. Watching for the Lord’s return will help us prepare our own lives, but working will assure we bring others with us.
6. We are not to party and drink. We want to be under the influence of God. Scripture says, “Not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust” (Romans 13:13). That is how we are to live as last-days believers.
7. We are to stay away from immorality. Distance yourself from anything that would encourage immoral living.
8. We are not to be competing and arguing with one another. Our competition is not with fellow Christians. It is with the world, the flesh, and the devil. Those are our enemies.
9. We are to focus our energies on becoming like Jesus. “Put on the Lord Jesus Christ”
(Romans 13:14). Have Him be a part of everything that you do. He is Lord of every day of your life. He is Lord of all.
• Cast off the works of darkness and put on the armour of light.
• The person who is older in the faith can get a little bit lazy and a little bit lethargic.
When you are spiritually lethargic, you are more vulnerable to sin. We need to wake up! (see Ephesians 5:14).
I don’t know when the end of the world will be. No one knows the day or the hour. Does that mean we are wrong to believe He could come back at any moment? Is it a bad thing to be ready to meet God? To serve God? To not get drunk? To not argue? To want to become like Jesus? We read in 2 Peter 3:14, “And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight” (NLT). When Christ comes back we will be ready.
Thank You Jesus!
Was This Post Helpful? And Informative? Please Leave Your Comment In The Box Below
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It cost a lot of money to maintain a website! Nonetheless a non-profit Christian website.
Please if you have been blessed by this ministry and you are led to support and bless this ministry in return.
Please make your donation to this account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
To help us continue in the spreading of The GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to every corner of this world.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May GOD we Serve Bless You A Million Times in return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah