Husbands, Love Your Wives, Just As Christ Loved The Church And Gave Himself Up For Her
A woman’s greatest need is for security. Her most secure environment is one in which she is married to a sacrificial, sensitive man.
The Bible describes that kind of husband in Ephesians 5:25. Paul writes, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.”
Men, Jesus gave His life for you, and you are to follow His example in your marriage. In other words, love her more than you love yourself. Sacrifice for her.
What does a sacrificial husband look like?
• He is dedicated to serving his wife.
• He puts her needs above his own.
• He makes sure she gets whatever she needs.
• He studies his wife to understand her better.
• He communicates with her and shares what’s on his heart.
• He doesn’t need to be nagged. When she asks for something, he does it.
Paul says a husband’s love for his wife is to be the same kind of love that Jesus had for the church. Jesus sacrificed Himself as the perfect Lamb of God.
To meet your wife’s need for security, guys, you have to show that same sacrificial spirit—which means you may have to give something up.
You might have to sacrifice:
• An interest or hobby, even if it’s something you’re passionate about.
• A certain group of friends who are destructive toward your marriage.
• An event or opportunity that takes you away from home or your family.
• A promotion that means longer hours or more travel.
• A job that is keeping you from being the husband and father she needs you to be.
Jesus sacrificed for us, and a husband is called to sacrifice for his wife. Meeting her need for security means using both your words and actions to tell her, “Nothing is as important to me as you are, and I will give up anything to make sure your needs are met.”
A woman will feel insecure when the man she has married is selfish and detached, when she knows she is low on his priority list. She will feel the most secure when she knows her husband is always thinking about her—and willing to sacrifice anything for her.
Guys, does your wife know that about you?
Thank You Jesus!
Was This Devotional Helpful? And Informative? Please Leave Your Comment In The Box Below
[And If You Were Blessed By This Devotional, Please Tell Me All About It. Please Leave A Comment Or Two In The Box Below! God Bless You. And I Love You Too]
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!