TEXT: ACTS 2:1-21
INTRODUCTION: The Almighty God promised believers in Christ the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon all flesh.
Joel 2:28 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:”
Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
The Promise was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4. It is a Christian experience that follows genuine salvation and sanctification.
THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
This is the endowment with power for effective Christian life and service. It makes the believer spirit-filled, spirit – motivated, spirit-controlled and spirit – empowered. To experience the baptism of the Holy Spirit:
1. Make sure your salvation experience is genuine – Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
Acts 10:44 “While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.”
Galatians 3:2, 5, 14 “This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?…. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?…. That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
2. Be sanctified and live a sanctified life – Matthew 5:8 “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.”
(What Is Sanctification: means to be set apart for a holy use, (1 Thess. 4:7) Sanctification is a state of separation unto God; all believers enter into this state when they are born of God: “But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption” (1 Corinthians 1:30).
- Thirst and hunger after God’s righteousness. Matthew 5:6 “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”
- Believe that the Holy Spirit is for every believer and you in particular. – Acts 5:32 “And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.”
Obey God and His Word absolutely. Acts 5:32
6. Pray earnestly in faith. Luke 11:1-13 The LORD’s Prayer!
Luke 11:9-13 “And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?”
CONCLUSION: Like on the day of Pentecost, God wants to pour His Holy Spirit upon us today, Shall we Pray.
May God Bless Nigeria, America And Israel And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!