Have you ever considered that we were created to move? Unless significantly impaired in some way, we’re born not only with the potential to move ourselves from one place to another, but also with a determination to do so as soon as we develop the necessary strength and coordination. Simply put, physical activity is a natural part of a healthy family lifestyle.
However, technological advances—and especially the sedentary diversions offered by so many of our modern entertainment options—have caused most families to be much less active than earlier generations. Here are some helpful tips for getting your family off the couch and moving your muscles together:
• Be willing to change your own behaviors first—let your children see you modeling a physically active lifestyle, then encourage them to alter theirs.
• Praise your kids when you see them being physically active.
• Invite your spouse and children to join you on walks, jogs, hikes, swims, bike rides, or whatever is most interesting to them.
• Talk as a family about the benefits of physical activity, and help each member set realistic goals for their own progress.
• Celebrate together when anyone in the household reaches their milestones.
The health benefits of regular activity—as God designed us to function—are well documented. If you want to feel better, move more!
May God Bless Nigeria, America And Israel And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!