Set Up Goals With Your Kids This Year! By Erin James.
Culled From: The 700 Club.
Mommy And The Joyful Three.
About This Blogger:
Visit Erin James’ Blog On www.Whattoexpect.Com
Set Up Goals With Your Kids This Year.
My 8-Year-Old Daughter Asked Me To Help Her Set Some New Year’s Resolutions, Which She Could Share With Her Classmates.
She Asked Me What Her Goals Should Be And I Told Her That Each Of Us Has To Find Out What It Is That We Are Striving For And What We Would Like To Accomplish. She Sat And Thought About It For A While Before Writing Down A Few Very Smart Goals. I Was Very Proud Of Her For What She Came Up With And Thought I Would Share Them.
1. Get To Know God More.
She Wants To Pray, Read The Bible And Go To Church More. There Truly Is Nothing Like A Small Child And Their Desire To Know God.
2. Be More Kind To Her Brother And Sister.
I Was Very Happy To Hear This One. She Says That From Now On She Will Try Not To React To Them In A Negative Way.
3. Keep Her Room More Clean And To Pick Up After Herself More.
I Was So Impressed With Her Ability To Set Such Selfless Goals. I Actually Was Surprised By Them. Not That I Do Not Believe My Children Know In Their Hearts What Is Most Important, But Sometimes I Forget They Are Capable Of Making These Choices On Their Own.
It Reminded Me Of Mark 10:14.
As Parents, We Teach Our Children How To Live, But Sometimes We Can Learn From Their Innocence And Faith.
I Am Guilty Of Underestimating What My Children Take To Heart. I Don’t Realize They Are Retaining All Of What I Say And Do.
Loving Others And Being Compassionate Are Values I Hold Dear. I Pray That It Is Our Lives That Show Our Kids How To Act Toward Others.
Striving For A Better Relationship Personally With God Is Another One Of My Own Goals And My Husband’s As Well. We Both Feel We Should Never Act As If We Have It All Figured Out. We Can Learn Something New About God Every Single Day.
I Encourage You To Set Up Some Goals With Your Own Children This Year. Let Them Do The Thinking And The Goal Setting, Gently Guide Them. You May Be Surprised To See What They Come Up With.
I Wish You All A Happy, Blessed New Year!
May God Bless Nigeria, America And Israel And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
- All Things New (theresaboudreau.wordpress.com)
- The Year Behind…The Year Ahead…. (gelizabethevans.wordpress.com)
- Ask the Lord God to bless you for 2014 (disciplesofhope.wordpress.com)
- January 2, 2014 (clintthomasblog.wordpress.com)
- Looking for the good life this year? (thelivingmessage.com)
- Our Daily Manna (menofredemption.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy the Fireworks! (1singlefocus.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year!!! (faithandfootsteps.wordpress.com)
- Philippians 4:19 NIV – God will meet our needs (pagprayer.wordpress.com)
- Daily Cup Flashback Dec. 29, 2009!!! (fggam.org)