What Are Your Prayers Like These Days?
Culled from: Cathe’s Notes. www.harvest.org.
Few of us are tempted today to dream big. While some of us seem to be helplessly shrinking smaller and smaller, and we run the danger of drowning in our own tears of unbelief or complacency.
All too often we see only through the lens of our limited experience. And yet, most of us would be able to recite verses such as “All things are possible for those who believe,” and “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” So why, with promises like these, are our prayers so insipid?
What are your prayers like these days? In times past, God has torn open the heavens and come down. I desperately want to see that happen again in my lifetime; don’t you? Don’t you want your children and grandchildren to see it?
The Bible and history tell about times of exciting revival. I’ve been reading a book on the history of revivals in our country: the two Great Awakenings, the Fulton Street Revival, the youth revival that happened in the ’40s and ’50s, and I believe I was a part a revival in the late 1960s to early ’70s called “The Jesus Movement.”
And still, there’s a side of me that subconsciously struggles to even grasp the possibility that God might want to do it again. Maybe we don’t see God working in mighty ways because we don’t believe He would. Maybe it’s because we’ve grown so content with the ordinary Christian experience that we don’t bother asking God for anything more!
What would happen if we started praying big faith-filled prayers like Isaiah’s: “Oh, that You would rend the heavens and come down!” I know we can’t engineer a revival. We can’t manufacture one, but we can and should agonize for one.
It’s my hope that we’d start right now, today, and join in the prayer effort for revival and begin linking our shields of faith together and begging God to do what only He can!
The immediate focus of my prayers is that God would bless and pour His Spirit out on this great opportunity, Harvest America. We can, even in our doubting, ask God to give us faith to believe in an answer of divine size.
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Lamentations 5. A Prayer For Mercy. Prayer For Restoration (KJV). God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Is Calling Us While We Are In Our Most Fruitful Years, While We Still Have Energy And Health To Live Our Lives All Out For Him. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Calling All Prayer Warriors (thevinevigil.wordpress.com)
- Pastoral Prayer: On the Beauty of the Word of God (artofthechristianninja.com)
- Little Book, Big Prayers: Spiritual Growth (christinebrooksmartin.wordpress.com)
- A Prayer for Australia Before our Federal Election (hillsbiblechurch.org)
- Keep Praying………………….. (bsmallnbbig.wordpress.com)