Sermon and prayer points. The Lord of Host by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 (Day 4). Theme: JESUS
Bible Text: Psalm 24:7-10
“Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.”
There are 3 categories of Christians. The first are the baby Christians who drink only milk and cannot take hard stuff (1Peter 2:2). The second category are adult Christians who can eat strong meat (Hebrews 5:12-14). Then there is a level of those higher than adult Christians, they don’t only eat strong meat, they crack bones so they can reach for the marrows (Mark 4:10-11). These mature Christians are the ones who are given the opportunity to see the mystery and hidden things of the kingdom.
You know the category a Christian belongs to by the way they respond to things of God. When you say to a baby Christian ‘God loves you’, they get all excited and it ends there. When you say God loves you to a mature Christian ‘God loves you’, they are quick to say ‘Amen’ and they also spend time pondering because they know the bible says God chastens and corrects those He loves (Proverbs 3:11-12).
For example when God had to proof that he had power over fire , his beloved Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego go through fire (Daniel 3). When He had to proof that he was the Lion of the tribe of Judah, he sent Daniel and allowed him go into the lion’s den (Daniel 6).
Tonight’s message is for matured Christians who are bone crackers. The Lord of host is a man of war, He hardly looses a battle. Sometimes He can lose a battle in order to win a war but He never loses a war! When it seems like God is losing a battle, then he has a surprise coming up. If you read through the book of Daniel chapter 3, you will realise that God kept quiet while the 3 Hebrew boys were being persecuted, He did nothing while the fiery furnace was being heated but waited to show His power when the boys had been thrown into the fire. By the time God was through with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, King Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged God as the most high.
In the name that is above every other name, God will fight your battles for you. Amen!You will have the last laugh in Jesus name… And by the time God finishes with you tonight, you will begin your journey to prosperity in Jesus name. Amen
There are battles God will fight for you. In Exodus 14:13-21, Moses told the children of Israel to be still and watch God fight for them. When you are being pursued by generational enemies, it’s only God that can fight the battle for you.
There are battles God will fight WITH you. If you read through Joshua 10, while Joshua was fighting his own battle on one side, God was raining down great hailstones on Joshua’s enemies from heaven.
Finally there are battles He will fight THROUGH you. Mark 11:23, says “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith”. This is a way God fights your battles though you, you have to do it yourself by saying what you want. Also in Isaiah 54:17 bible says “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn”. The statement “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper” is a battle God will fight for you while the other bit “every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn” means you also have to fight the battle yourself.
Tonight God will fight for you. With you and also fight through you in Jesus name. Amen.
Many of us like to quote Psalm 68:1-3. “ Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.”
A baby Christian will simply say amen to this bible text, an adult christian might even sing it as a song but matured Christians don’t just quote it, they check to make sure they are not God’s enemies.
In 2Samuel 12:1-7, God sent a prophet to King David when He sinned against God, David passed his judgements not realising the person the prophet was talking about was him.
You also need to make sure that it is not God fighting against you. You see, God can either be for you, be against you or just be very neutral with you. When God is neutral with a man, He is neither for or against the man, He just leaves the person alone. If God leaves you for one day, you are finished!
Before you pray for God to fight your enemies tonight, make sure you are not the enemy
SEVEN THINGS THAT CAN MAKE YOU AN ENEMY OF GOD:
1) You can become an enemy of God by lying to Him. You insult the intelligence of the all knowing God by telling him a lie. In Acts 5:1-11, Ananias and Sapphira died the same day just because they lied in the presence of God.
2) Failure to pay your vows can make you an enemy of God . Ecclesiastes 5:4 says” When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools” and remember Psalm 14:1 says “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God”. In other words, when you make a vow to God but refuse to redeem it, you are indirectly saying God doesn’t exist… and when you say to God that He doesn’t exist, He tries to show you that He does exist.
3) You can become an enemy of God by not obeying Him completely. If you are not going to obey God completely, don’t bother obeying Him at all because God hates incomplete obedience.
4) Lukewarmness can make you an enemy of God. Revelation 3:15-16 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth”. This is the one many of us are guilty of! Many atimes we have to be begged to do certain things for God. God doesn’t like lukewarmness at all, He would rather you were either very hot or so cold. If you are going to be a Christian, be a Christian but if you cannot be a Christian,GO! Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well! If you want to serve God, serve Him but if you don’t want to, stop pretending! it makes God feel insulted.
5) God gets pretty upset when you doubt him. Hebrews 11:6 says without faith it is impossible to please God. Bible also says whatever is not of faith is sin. Doubting God’s promises makes Him feel insulted. If His words says it, that settles it! Many of us have lost our miracles half way because of doubt
6) When you sin, you make yourself an enemy of God. Psalm 7:11 says God is angry with the wicked every day. That is quite frightening but yet many Christians continue in sin and expect grace to abound! You can not be a born-again Christian and still live the way you like.
7) God gets upset when He warns you but you keep ignoring His corrections. Proverbs 29:1 says “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.”.
Many Christians have cheapened grace…we tend to say “God is a gracious God” but we need to remember that it was in this same dispensation of grace He killed Ananias and Sapphira for telling a lie. Don’t let anybody deceive you, God is the same yesterday, today and forever!
If you have not yet given your life to Christ, surrender your life to Him now! And if you are a Christian still toying with sin, ask God for forgiveness now so you don’t remain His enemy.
- Father! I didn’t know that I’ve been my own enemy, please forgive me oh! Lord. I will change completely from tonight. I will serve no other god except You. Have mercy on me. I will pay all my vows. I will obey You completely. I will never doubt You again
Father! All the battles that I cannot win on my own, please fight them for me. All generational curses, Father deal with them for me
Father! I won’t doubt You anymore. Father! I’m saying to these mountains in my life: sickness, barrenness, any obstruction to my success, fruitlessness, pains to move in the might Name of Jesus
Father! Arise and let all Your enemies be scattered
- Prayer Points from Day 2 of RCCG Convention 2013: Theme: Jesus by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon and prayer points The Great Sanctifier by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 (Day 3). Theme: JESUS. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG 61st Annual Convention Day 4 Theme: JESUS Preacher: Pastor EA Adeboye Message Title: LORD OF HOST (babatundekehinde.wordpress.com)
- 61st RCCG. 2013 Annual Convention. Theme: JESUS. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG Convention: Adeboye assures participants of major turning point (vanguardngr.com)
- Emmanuel! Immanuel! Sermon and prayer points by Pastor E.A. Adeboye at Festival Of Life Manchester, UK . RCCG. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon and prayer points by Pastor E A Adeboye. The Wonders of Divine Blessings. RCCG July 2013 Holy Ghost Service. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Redeemed Christian Church Of God. 61st Annual RCCG Convention. August 2013. Theme: JESUS. Welcome message by Pastor E. A Adeboye. The General Overseer. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG ordains 2,000 assistant pastors (vanguardngr.com)
- Prayer Points by Pastor E A Adeboye. July 2013 RCCG Holy Ghost Service. The Wonders of Divine Blessings. (bummyla.wordpress.com)