RCCG 61st Annual Convention
Bible Text: Matthew 1:21 “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.”
Romans 6:23 says “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”. When the bible says the wages of sin is death, God isn’t talking about physical death alone. The death could be spiritual, financial or even emotional death.
There is only one punishment for sin and that punishment is death. John 5:2-14 makes you realise what sin can bring into the life of a man. The man at the pool of Bethesda had been sick for 38years. He tried to get into the pool 38times and failed 38 times but one day Jesus had mercy on him and healed him. After he was healed in verse 14, Jesus said unto him:
“Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee”.
38years of this man’s life was wasted, his life had been stagnant and he was in bondage for 38 years just because of sin.
Sin and sorrow go together. Psalm 16:4 says “Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god” and in Job 15:20 the bible says “The wicked man travaileth with pain all his days”
Brothers and sisters, sin is horrible and that is why there is so much joy in salvation. When a sinner comes in contact with Jesus and by the blood the sins are washed away, all the devastations of sin can be reversed in one day. Immediately the man at the pool came in contact with Jesus, peace, joy and hope came into his life.
If you go to a man of God who promises you healing or blessing without salvation, please run away from him because what he will give you is not a miracle from God but a magic from satan. Salvation comes first before blessings.
Revelation 12:11 says “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb”. If the blood of Jesus does not wash away your sin, you remain a slave to satan. It takes the blood of the lamb to give you freedom from all forces of darkness.
When you truly surrender your life to Jesus, you begin to enjoy peace in your body, soul, home and place of work because Jesus is the prince of peace.
Did you know that there is no salvation without genuine repentance? Proverbs 28:13 says “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy”. In Luke 13:2-5, Jesus said unless you repent you will perish. In 2Peter 3:9, bible says God doesn’t want any man to perish but wants every man to repent. God wants you to change your ways so you can obtain mercy.
Many people claim to be born again but they do not have a clue about what it really means. 2 Corinthians 7:10 says godly sorrow brings about salvation. When you repent of your sins, you feel sorry and sad for all the wrong things you have done and then apologise to God with a determination to change your ways.
Genuine salvation will turn you completely into a new creature. The bible says in 2Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
How can you claim to be saved and your lifestyle remains exactly the same as before? That is a big contradiction to what the word of God says. When you truly surrender to God, old things pass away…the one who lies no longer lies, the one who used to steal stops stealing. There is transformation of character from bad to good.
When you are saved, there is no sin that is called ‘small sin’, you wouldn’t want to commit any type of sin because you are conscious Christ lives in you.
The bible says in Isaiah 3:10-11 “Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.”. If you are saved, your tomorrow will be alright but if you choose to remain in your sin, your future will be terrible.
It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been attending church or whether you are a minister or worker in the church, if you cannot remember the day or period you gave your life to Christ, you need to give your life to Christ today. When you give your life to Christ, you become married to Him. If you cannot remember your wedding date, and you say you are saved, you’re saved from What?
If you have never given your life to Christ or if you did in the past but backslidded, you also need to surrender your life to God today. Confess your sins, make a decision to forsake all your sins and ask God to have mercy on you.
- Prayer Points from Day 2 of RCCG Convention 2013: Theme: Jesus by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon and prayer points. The Lord of Host by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 (Day 4). Theme: JESUS (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon and prayer points The Great Sanctifier by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 (Day 3). Theme: JESUS. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 61st RCCG. 2013 Annual Convention. Theme: JESUS. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG July 2013 Holy Ghost Service. Friday, 5th July: Theme: The wonders of Divine Blessings. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG Convention: Adeboye assures participants of major turning point (vanguardngr.com)
- Prayer Points by Pastor E A Adeboye. July 2013 RCCG Holy Ghost Service. The Wonders of Divine Blessings. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG 61st Annual Convention Theme: JESUS Preacher: Pastor EA Adeboye (babatundekehinde.wordpress.com)
- RCCG 61st Annual Convention Day 3, Theme: JESUS Message Title: The Great Sanctifier. Preacher: Pastor E.A. Adeboye. (bobbyedegbo.wordpress.com)
- The Redeemed Christian Church Of God. 61st Annual RCCG Convention. August 2013. Theme: JESUS. Welcome message by Pastor E. A Adeboye. The General Overseer. (bummyla.wordpress.com)