“Good” People by Greg Laurie
Not long ago I was a guest on a morning television show. We were having a nice chat when, near the end of the program, the host dropped a bombshell. He said, “Greg, I have a question for you. You believe that most of the world is non-Christian and that because of that, they are going to burn in hell for all eternity. What kind of loving God would ever create such a scenario? Is that like a petty boss that some people have created, not understanding God?”
I had about two minutes to respond to that question. But after the show ended and the cameras stopped rolling, our conversation continued. He went on to ask me about good people and how a God of love could allow good people to face judgment.
I pointed out that we have to define what “good” is. It seems as though we have a sliding scale of good. Everyone seems to believe they are good. They are always the moral center of their universe. They immediately give themselves a free pass, but other people aren’t as good as they are. The problem is that we have conflicting views regarding what is good.
So how do we determine what good is? We all have the answer, and it is found in the Bible. God says, “There is none righteous, no, not one” (Romans 3:10).
This doesn’t mean there aren’t good people in a broad sense; it means there is no one good enough to get to heaven on their own merit. That is where the judgment of God comes in if we reject His offer of forgiveness.
It is not about being the nicest person or the kindest person. It is about being a forgiven person. That is who will be in heaven: forgiven people.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The Blood Of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer points for marriages (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer to overcome addictions (smoking, sex, pornography, alcohol, drugs or gambling) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Serve like Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer for the newly wedded (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer points for pregnant sisters, mothers in expectation of delivery (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- He is a covenant keeping God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer for forgiveness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- LISTEN: The White Flag of Peace (blackchristiannews.com)