It is finished, accomplished, paid in full. Happy Easter
“For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.” (Psalm 16:10 KJV)
The Psalmist gives us a prophetic glimpse into the personal events of the Cross. He shows us through his inspired pen what state of mind Jesus was in as He drew His final breaths.
“I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope. For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” (Psalm 16:8-11 NKJV)
Jesus has faced all that The Serpent could level against Him — and His faith did not fail. All that remained was Death, but that would not be the end of this story. And so The Child draws one more breath and cries out in triumph, “It is finished!” (John 19:30)
This is a most curious thing, especially to those who stood around the Cross beholding the spectacle of it all. When Jesus cried out, “It is finished,” He used a common expression from the daily transactions in the market place. The term was stamped on every bill of sale marking it “paid in full.” It indicated that the person holding the document was now the rightful owner of the purchased possession.
Jesus announced to all that the full price had been paid to ransom the fallen sons and daughters of God from the curse and condemnation of Sin. The purchase was now complete. Those who heard Him cry this out must have thought Him to be delirious with pain, but we know better. He was filled with faith and triumph! The Lamb of God was sacrificed to take away the sin of the world, and it is done. “It is finished!”
He had also paid in full the bill from His malicious persecutors; they had now done their worst; and there were no further indignities with which they could assault or insult Him. His sufferings were now at an end. “It is finished!”
Also paid in full were all the types and prophecies of the Old Testament, which pointed to the sufferings of the Messiah. Jesus paid it all; and upon laying the final amount on the counter, He took the Bill of ownership in hand and shouted “It is finished!”
Jesus drew His last breath and declared, “It is finished! Accomplished! Paid in full!”
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- It is all about Jesus Christ this Easter (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Deuteronomy 23. Exclusion from the LORD’s People. Those excluded from the congregation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Deuteronomy 21. Unsolved murder and other regulations (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Weep Not. Sermon and prayer points by Pastor E A Adeboye. RCCG (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The secret of fruitfulness. Sermon and prayer points by Pastor E A Adeboye. RCCG (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A new thing. Sermon and prayer points by Pastor E A Adeboye. RCCG (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Personal prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For how long would you be a slave? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Happy Easter (nwtxumcblog.org)
- Happy Easter (feelthebest.wordpress.com)