“Where there is no wood, the fire goes out; And where there is no talebearer, strife ceases.”
Wildfires are out of control and can be devastating if not put out quickly. Their flames ruthlessly creep acre by acre burning up anything in their path. It’s the vegetation and wind that keeps it going.
Gossip works the same way and is just as destructive in other ways. Someone once said, “Everyone holds two buckets in their hands, one with water, the other with gas, we choose which one to pour on gossip.”
This verse reminds us that when a “tale-bearer” is not present, neither is gossip or contention.
It’s great advice from the world’s wisest man on preventing relationship fires. Here’s how to use the bucket of water…First, declare where you stand. Simply respond with, “I’m not going to comment or pick that up, I wouldn’t want someone fueling gossip about me. Second, I’ll ask the person, since that’s only right, and I’ll need to tell them that you brought this to me. This will stop them from bringing anymore gossip for certain.
Make it the goal of your life to be an encouraging, positive person and you’ll attract those kind of people in your life. if you will notice, tale-bearers attract other tale-bearers.
Use the bucket of gas you have to encourage the dreams and accomplishments of others.. Use the bucket of water to keep a healthy spiritual life.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- It is all about Jesus Christ this Easter (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Confession and blessings upon my children (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Deuteronomy 21. Unsolved murder and other regulations (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Confession prayer for the water of Manna (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Deuteronomy 23. Exclusion from the LORD’s People. Those excluded from the congregation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Deuteronomy 17. Various Instructions (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For how long would you be a slave? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer points (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Salvation Prayer (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The secret of fruitfulness. Sermon and prayer points by Pastor E A Adeboye. RCCG (bummyla.wordpress.com)