Betrayal and Forgiveness!
Spend any amount of time and have any kind of interaction with people, and you’ll experience something we’re all too familiar with: betrayal.
Everyone deals with it. We’ve either been betrayed or we will be betrayed. And we know the feeling it leaves in our lives and on our souls—a bitter feeling of resentment, anger and hurt.
But is it possible to overcome the devastating effects of betrayal and experience phenomenal outcomes?
The answer is a resounding, “Yes!” And it all comes down to forgiveness.
But we all know that one of the most difficult things to do is forgive someone who has hurt us. We want that person to pay for what they did. But here’s the thing. Your responsibility and mine is not to make them pay. Our responsibility is to follow God’s lead when it comes to forgiveness. The Bible clearly tells us:
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37
The relationship between forgiveness and betrayal might seem obvious. But the underlying power of these two can lead to a life that is so much more than you ever imagined!
Though betrayal can break us down, God intends to use it to break us through to a new level of living!
And through forgiveness, we can experience the power of freedom in every area of life!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- If God could forgive the men who nailed His Son to the Cross, why do you think He won’t forgive you? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Question: Betrayal, Forgiveness, Victory (jsparkblog.com)
- Forgiveness and the Cross (savedbygraceblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Untangle Yourself (gofamint.wordpress.com)
- First Forgiveness (thebarnabascenter.org)
- The Freedom of Forgiveness (wechoosehappy.wordpress.com)
- Marriage Monday – Forgiveness prevents resentment in your marriage (rodneyhunt.wordpress.com)
- It’s Time To Love Yourself (dianasymons.com)
- What Forgiveness is NOT (gatewayofhope.wordpress.com)