Are you willing to seek God and turn away from your own selfish ways? God longs for us to be obedient and desires a deep relationship with us
2 Chronicles 7:14
“if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
In today’s society, it can be difficult to live a life that calls for us to be different. We excuse away bad behavior and submit to pressures that weigh on us – and we compromise. We try to do things our own way and resist doing things God’s way. Second Chronicles 7:14 says, If we seek Him humbly and turn from our wrongdoings we can have this intimate relationship with Him. If we disobey Him, our lives will be consumed with ruin (Zephaniah 1:1-6). God longs for us to be obedient and desires a deep relationship with us. While we cannot live a perfect life, we can set our heart and minds on God and seek Him.
Are you living on the fence? Have you compromised in your relationship with other Christians, in prayer or in time with Him and His Word? Are you willing to seek God and turn away from your own selfish ways? Friend, the day is drawing near when God will intervene in each of our lives. In our inability to offer Him anything, He still accepts you and me. God provides a way out through His Son, Jesus, as payment for our sins–for those who place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ.
What will you decide today? You can decide now to live for Him, sit on the fence or reject Him and spend eternity separated from Him. This is an act of your will and no one can make the decision for you. The time is now.
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for the opportunity to examine my relationship with You. I have strayed, and I do not want to compromise my life anymore. I commit myself to You afresh. I admit that I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. I open the door of my heart and life to You. I receive You as my personal Lord and Savior. Right now, I ask for Your power to help me turn from my sins. Thank You for forgiving me and saving me. Help me to be a blessing to You and others with each day that You give to me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27, NKJV (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Has Borne Your Diseases and Pains (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Born Identity (thelbdessentialsforlife.wordpress.com)
- I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto The Hills, From Whence Cometh My Help. My Help Cometh From The LORD, Which Made Heaven And Earth (Psalm 121:1-2) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Getting to know Jesus in faith and in love (junjunfaithbook.com)
- A Long Awaited Promise (thecosmiccathedral.wordpress.com)
- The Light of the World (shelleywilliamsblog.com)
- Feeding of the 5,000: What Should Ministry Look Like? Part II (fullsurrender.org)
- Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria Osteen – Declare The Shift Is Coming! (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- Knowing the Lord (genesisone.wordpress.com)