Your Mouth Is A Weapon By Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff (Isaiah 41:15)
In Joshua 1:2-3, The LORD said to Joshua: “….now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you.” Thus, by this instruction the children of Israel knew that all they had to do to take possession of the land God gave to them was to step on it. Once they stepped on it, it became theirs.
But in the New Testament, there’s a difference. The power isn’t in your feet, but in your mouth. Many Christians haven’t understood this truth, so they walk in ignorance. When trying to acquire something, like a piece of property for example, you’ll find them marching around it because the LORD said, “Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you.” Oh, that they would realize that the victory is now in their mouth! Today, it’s no longer “Where the soles of your feet shall tread upon” rather, it’s “you shall have what you say!” Possession is with your mouth.
The Old Testament folks were taught to battle that way because they functioned in the sense (physical) realm. But now in the New Testament, we battle differently, from the realm of The Spirit. In that realm, there’s no recognition of distance; you don’t need to march around a building to get it. All you need do is use your mouth, for it has been given to you to chart your course and to do battle which is your fight of faith. How important the mouth is!
Every time you release words with your mouth, you’re wielding a dangerous weapon. The Greek word for mouth is “stoma”, which means “the front or edge of a weapon.” With this weapon, you can cut down such enemies as poverty, failure, cancer, diabetes, HIV and so on. When you declare: “This growth will not stay in my body,” you’re cutting it down with your weapon. No wonder the Bible says, “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:4).
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Isaiah 58. A description of true religion. True fasting (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 54. The LORD’s love for Israel. A promise of everlasting kindness. God’s Love (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Divine Health Is Ours In Christ Jesus. By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD… 012213 (carrlanebaptist1988.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 41. God’s assurance to Israel. The final restoration of Israel (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 47. Judgment on Babylon (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 30. A Useless Treaty with Egypt. The Disobedient People. God Will Bless His People. God Will Punish Assyria (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 62. Assurance of Jerusalem’s deliverance (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 49. The Messiah is the Light to the Gentiles. Israel, a light to the Nations (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 51. Words of comfort to Jerusalem. The faithful are called to courage (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)