It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive
The Benefits Of Giving
According to the opening scripture above, Jesus said “It is more blessed to give than to receive,” meaning “It is of more benefit to you to give than to receive.” The promise of blessing is to the giver and not the receiver. As far as God is concerned, the one who gives is greater than the one who receives.
An important benefit of giving is that when you give something – be it money or other material possessions, you “Conquer” that thing that you gave, and I’ll explain what that means: Imagine you had to save and deny yourself many things so you could give God a hundred dollars. The moment you do that, you’ve exercised your faith and conquered that level, and immediately God promotes you to a higher level of giving! That means the “highest” amount you gave becomes your new “lowest” amount; it becomes your new starting points of giving. Thus your capacity to give has increased.
Another benefit of giving is the promise of abundant harvest predicted on your giving: “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom…..” (Luke 6:38). The giver has a promise; he has a guarantee that he’ll only move upward and forward in life. He has an assurance that his prosperity will never run dry as long as he gives to God! But for the receiver, there is no promise, for receiving is a cul de sac. Therefore make up your mind be a giver.
Always be ready to give something; it may be a financial seed, or a seed of intercession or even a word of encouragement. As you learn to release, God will multiply your seeds sown and increase your ability, such that you’ll keep getting greater and greater! Amen!
Dear Heavenly Father! Thank You for granting me the grace and wisdom to be a consistent giver. Thank You for the assurance I have received from Your Word that my giving will continually take me higher. I declare that I’m a big – time giver and financier of the gospel! I thank You for always multiplying my seeds sown and increasing my ability to give, in Jesus Christ Name! Amen!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Be Blessed In 2013! Happy New Year! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Actions speak Louder than Words. Exemplify Christ through your actions (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points For The Day (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Miracle of Multiplying Resources (myviewandopinion.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points To Cancel Bad Dreams (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 9. The importance of giving cheerfully (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Galatians 3. Justification by faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Has Ordained Us To Receive Answers To Our Prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Resolve: Day 8! (1singlefocus.wordpress.com)
- “One KEY to a BLESSED New Year In 2013” Video Reaches Over 1,300 Views In One Week at KingdomWarriors.com (prweb.com)