Pray Every Day
“Devote Yourselves To Prayer…” Colossians 4:2 NAS
Each night a little girl would throw one of her shoes under the bed before going to sleep. When her mother asked why, she replied, “My Sunday School teacher said if I have to get down by my bed in the morning and look for my shoe, it’ll remind me to say my prayers while I’m there.” If it helps, Why Not! Throw your shoe under the bed every night!
Prayer is the life force that sustains us spiritually. David wrote. “As the deer paints for streams of water, so my soul pants for you….My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? (Psalm 42:1-2 NIV)
In his book, The Power And Blessing, Pastor Jack Hayford writes: “I had gone on vacation and I needed it! It was delightful to get to the beach. But about the fourth day….I found I was feeling empty inside. Then it occurred to me that for four days I hadn’t read a Word of Scripture prayed a prayer or sung a song of praise. It was just of “Let’s get away from it all.” We were so involved with church that we didn’t want to do anything “godly” for a while. But suddenly I was called back by the inner hollowness I felt. Through that experience I learned that I can’t recover at a physical or emotional level, if I neglect the spiritual level”.
The Bible says: “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.” Only when you’ve spent time in God’s presence and drawn strength from Him, will you be equal to the challenges you face on any given day!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The Key To Effective Prayer (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Give More Time And Attention To Prayer (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Has Ordained Us To Receive Answers To Our Prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- January 15, 2013 (proactive.typepad.com)
- A Year Of Prayer – Kimberlee Conway Ireton (godspace.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 109:4 But I give myself unto prayer. (calvinistview.com)
- God’s Promise (cfcspn.com)
- Do You Pray For Your Pastors? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Prayer – No Fear of God (mychristiancoffeeshop.wordpress.com)
- Pray your way out! (seedsofcolours.wordpress.com)