Break Free From Self Rejection; The Chain Of Poverty
Poverty and Shame shall be to him that refuses instruction (Proverbs 13:18)
Always, I tell people that poverty isn’t the necessarily the absence of required necessities but a mindset or mentality. It has nothing to do with material possession but a way of life. The poverty mentality is entrenched in the system of this world, and a man will remain bound by it as long as he operates under that system. Self-rejection is the chain that poverty (The devil) uses to bind people.
A poor man would say, “I’m nothing. I’m a no good. I’m just a beggar.” He talks that way because of the wrong mentality. So if he meets someone who is well dressed, he’s immediately intimidated. Always, he thinks people address him on the basis of his financial status. Though there’s no signboard on his head that reads, “I’m poor”, he carries the burden of the sign in his heart, and this is revealed in his words or actions. In other words, nobody thinks he’s poor until he says so, as it isn’t written on his head but on his heart.
Most of the time, poor people unwittingly reject themselves because of their financial conditions. You would have to reject yourself first before you feel the rejection of others or from others. Until you reject yourself you wouldn’t care that others reject you. It wouldn’t matter to you if you were turned down because you believe in yourself. For example, Jesus was rejected by His people, yet He didn’t lose His composure. He didn’t regret that He suffered; rather, He felt sympathy for the people, and prayed for them.
Never allow self-rejection take control of your life; rather, build the right mentality today. Let the Word of God wash your mind and build in you the consciousness of a champion (Romans 12:2). When the Word of God mantles you, you would think like a victor! Amen!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- “The Wonders of His Name.” Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye During January 2013 Holy Ghost Service (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Key To Effective Prayer (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do You Pray For Your Pastors? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Has Ordained Us To Receive Answers To Our Prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year In Christ Jesus! 2013! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 53. The sin-bearing Messiah. Jesus Christ (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Give More Time And Attention To Prayer (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 24 Reasons Why Hell Is Real (vineoflife.net)
- A Successful Vision Paints A Vivid Picture (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 24 Reasons Why Hell Is Real. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)