Paul wrote to the believers in Ephesus. “Pray….That whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me….that I will fearlessly make known ….the gospel.” Do you pray for your pastors? You should! After Wilbur Chapman’s first sermon at Bethany Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia, a man said, “You’re pretty young to be pastor of this great church. We’ve always had older men. I’m afraid you won’t succeed, but since you preach the gospel I’m going to help you all I can.” Chapman thought, “What a crank.” But the man continued, “I’m going to pray for you, and a few others have covenanted to join me.” Later, Chapman wrote, “I didn’t feel so bad when I learned that they were going to pray for me. Soon the three became fifty, and the fifty became two hundred who met before every service to pray for me. In another room eighteen elders knelt so closely around me that I could put out my hand and touch them. I always went into my pulpit confident that I would have God’s anointing in answer to the prayers of His people. It was easy to preach, a real joy. And what was the result? Eleven hundred people were saved and joined the church in the next three years, and six hundred of them were men. It was the fruits of the Holy Spirit in answer to prayers. Church members have much to do than go to church as curious, idle spectators to be amused and entertained. It is their business to pray mightily that the Holy Spirit will clothe the preacher with power and make his words like dynamite!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer (deweymoede.wordpress.com)
- Please Pray for US Pastor Saeed Abedini, held in Iran since July 2012 + read letter to his wife (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- Do You Follow a Celebrity Pastor? (defendingcontending.com)
- Methodist Bishop comforts church rocked by pastor’s shooting of wife, daughter (al.com)
- To God Be The Glory… (laweeks.com)
- It’s Already There!!! (themicahblog.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points By Pastor E.A. Adeboye RCCG January 2013 Holy Ghost Service. Theme: THE WONDERS OF HIS NAME (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG Prayer Points Cross Over Night Service Into 2013 BY Pastor E. A. Adeboye (bummyla.wordpress.com)