2 Corinthians 6. Paul’s sufferings in his ministry. Warning against pagan influences
1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. 12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. 13 Now for a recompense in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- 2 Corinthians 5. Hope of eternal glory. Friendship with God through Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Romans 11. God’s mercy on Israel. Jews and Gentiles grafted into one tree (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Romans 10. Salvation is for all. Salvation is open to all (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 1. Blessings in Christ. Divisions in the Church condemned (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Romans 9. God and His people. God’s Mercy is on whom He chooses (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 3. The New Covenant With God Written On Hearts (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 15. Christ’s resurrection and our resurrection (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 14. Principles concerning spiritual gifts. More about gifts from the Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 12. Spiritual unity of Believers. Gifts from the Holy Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 4. Paul’s zeal in preaching the Gospel. Living by faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)