“Signs And Wonders” A Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS 2012
Minister: Pastor E A Adeboye
Bible Text: Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
What is a sign? A sign is an evidence that what you claim to be is true. Pharaoh said in Exodus 5:1-2 that he didn’t know who God was and He wouldn’t let Israel go but in Exodus 12:29-32 , after God had shown Pharaoh a sign, He begged Israel to go. All the Pharaoh who said you will not go , God will show them a sign in Jesus name. Amen!
Also in Daniel 3:14-15, Nebuchadnezzar said if the three Hebrew boys did not bow down to his image, he will throw them into the fiery furnace and see which God will deliver them but in Daniel 3:24-29 after God showed him a sign, this same Nebuchadnezzar said there was no other God apart from the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. As God lives, before the end of the month, those who are asking “where is your God?” will begin to say “there is no God like your God” in Jesus name. Amen
What is wonder? Someone once said a wonder is that thing that happens that makes you wonder. A wonder is a miracle so big that makes your mouth fall open involuntarily when it happens. In Acts 3:1-10 when the man who has been lame for 40 yrs suddenly began to walk, leap and praise God, everybody in the church began to look at him in amazement.
When God said He will give a sign and that a virgin will give birth to a son, He was indirectly saying He would make the impossible become possible! By the grace of God, all the things that seem impossible in your life will become possible in Jesus name. Amen. A virgin conceiving was very unscientific and that story still doesn’t go down well with science and medicine but our God can do wonders that surpass science.
When God said to Abraham in Gen 18:9-14 that a 90yrs old woman would have a son, Sarah laughed because deep inside her she thought that would be impossible but when our God hears the word impossible, He is eager to do something! Whenever someone tells you your case is impossible, begin to rejoice because there is a God who can make the impossible possible.
There are 3 aspects of a man’s life (1) Physical aspect (2) Social aspect (3) Spiritual aspects If you trust God in all these areas of your life and exercise faith, you’ll begin to experience signs and wonders.
The social aspect of a man includes his social status, financial capability, material wealth and possessions. In making a virgin conceive, God is showing that He is capable of bringing something out of nothing. There is a God who can bring water out of rocks according to Exo 17:1-6, He is the same God who can take the little you have and turn it plenty. Do you have a financial problem? Do you believe this God can solve your problem? If you believe, be it unto you according to your faith.
Almost every thing we do is controlled in the spiritual. Before anything happens in the physical, it happens in the spiritual! Before calamity fell upon Job, something happened in the spiritual, God and the devil had had a conversation. A blessing is a spiritual force, when people bless you, they are sending help your way in the spiritual realm. Just as a blessing is a spiritual force, a curse is also a spiritual force. The God who can make the barren conceive has the spiritual ability to control all things. Do you believe that whatever your spiritual problem the God of wonders can heal you? If yes, be it unto you according to your faith! Amen.
In Luke 1:31-37, When the angel told Mary she was the one God had revealed a long time ago to Isaiah and that even though she was a virgin she would have a son, Mary asked the angel how it would be fulfilled because she didn’t understand how it would happen . There are certain things that when God says He will do , you will be so overwhelmed wondering how God will make it happen but the bible tells us it is not by power nor by might but by the spirit of the Lord. The spirit of God will work wonders in your life in Jesus name, amen.
Who Qualifies for signs and wonders?
Mary was a virgin not a harlot, she was pure and holy. People like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego who experienced signs and wonders kept themselves pure. HOLINESS IS THE MASTER KEY TO SIGNS AND WONDERS. Only those who live a holy and pure life will qualify for signs and wonders.
If you are living in sin, you cannot experience signs and wonders. Isaiah 59:1-2 says “Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.”
So if you are still living in sin, confess your sins to God, ask for mercy, give your life to Jesus and He will turn your life.
- Praise God that you are able to make it for tonight.
- Father, please perform a wonder in my body so that i will never be sick again.
- Father! Please perform a wonder in my marriage so that it becomes a model for others to copy.
Father, perform a wonder in my family so that we never know sorrow again.
- Father! Perform a wonder in my finances so that I will soon be lending to nations.
- Father! Anoint me so heavily that evil forces will see me coming and run.
- Father! Any evil left in this old year, keep it far from my home.
- Any signs and wonders left in this year, send them to my home.
- Father! Before the year ends, let my testimonies be complete and perfect.
- Father! Forever let me be a channel of blessings.
- Personal Prayers.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye Day Two RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012 Signs And Wonders (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Wonders Of The New Creation By Pastor E A Adeboye RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012 – Signs and Wonders (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Day 1 Report: Message and Payer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye During RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012 – Signs and Wonders (Builder Of People) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points By PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE, 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress. Theme: Signs And Wonders (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Theme Song For 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress. Brother You Need God’s Signs, You Need Wonders And Miracles By Pastor E A Adeboye (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. Day Three RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012 Theme: Signs And Wonders (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress: Signs and Wonders (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress: Signs and Wonders December 10-15th December 2012 WELCOME MESSAGE By Pastor E A Adeboye (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Wonders Of The Spoken Words Sermon By Pastor E A Adeboye. A Summary Of Day 2 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012. Theme: Signs And Wonders (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012 Day 2 “WONDERS OF THE SPOKEN WORDS” Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. Theme: Signs And Wonders (bummyla.wordpress.com)