“I know that my little contribution may not cause the whole world to change but my goal is to impact at least one person at a time.”
The above quote is from last week Sunday Service; well it didn’t take long before I had the opportunity.
The same day I was at the bar beach to relax and this young boy named Ismaila approached me and begged for money.
Giving him money wasn’t the problem but I knew the money will be used to smoke, so I ignored him but he refused to leave. I told him I wasn’t going to give him money, he then said I should pray for him when he saw I had a Bible with me.
At that point I decided to share with him the Word of God. He is a fourteen year old boy from Igbo-ora in Ibadan. He is in Lagos with his brother who is a bus conductor, his father had died and his mother stays in Igbo-ora.
After sharing with him I watched as he left. He went somewhere sat down, shaking his head consistently. He was pounding over what I shared with him.
I wish I could do more than share with him the Word Of God. They are many all around us young children that will one day become hardened criminals.
He said his friends call him ‘fori fogo’ which means someone that uses his head to break bottles. He said he likes fighting that anywhere there is a fight they usually call his like to such places to scatter everything.
I haven’t recovered from the experience with him.
About 10 minutes drive away is a place that is hosting a show that people will pay 1million Naira to watch people make them laugh and dance. No wonder we build high fences with wires and put fierce looking men as security men.
It is none of my business we say; well it will one day become our business. When they start throwing bombs, when they become armed robbers and assassins.
Like someone said “one day the poor will have nothing else to eat but the rich”
Can we make a decision after reading this to reach out to these street urchins in your neighbourhood? Can we start somewhere? Whatever it is you can do.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Hymn. Abide With Me Fast Falls The Eventide (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hymn. I Need Thee Every Hour Most Gracious Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I Will Go Where You Want Me To Go LORD. Hymn (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Simply Trusting Jesus Every day. Hymn (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God will Take Care Of You. Hymn (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Give Me That Old Time Religion. Hymn (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- House On The Rock “The Experience 2012” Prayer Points (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hymn. Take My Life And Let It Be Consecrated LORD To Thee (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Trust And Obey. Hymn (bummyla.wordpress.com)