Matthew 12:35: A Good Man Out Of The Good Treasure Of The Heart Brings Forth Good Things: And An Evil Man Out Of The Evil Treasure Brings Forth Evil Things.
SINGLENESS OF HEART
Our spirit is definitely a part of our heart, but as seen in 1 Peter 3:4, it is only a part. Sin, iniquity, unbelief, etc., come from the heart but not the born-again spirit. Hebrews 4:12 suggests that spirit and soul are both part of the heart; hence, the scriptures admonish us to believe with all our heart (Acts 8:37), have singleness of heart (Col. 3:22), and tell us our hearts can have two minds or ways of thinking (Jas. 4:8).
Even Christians still struggle with things like pride and foolishness which Jesus said came out of our heart. It’s certain that our born again spirit is not the source of these sins. The heart encompasses more than our spirit.
The English word “soul” comes from the Greek word “psuche,” translated “heart, life, mind, and soul.” The mind is the principle and leading part of the soul, followed by the will and emotions. We could also describe the soul as being the hidden part of all existing beings or what most people would call the personality. The soul is the centre of the feelings and emotions, appetites and desires, as well as sense perception and consciousness. The soul may also speak of the totality of a person – his total being or self, a person, and the hidden man or inward man. The soul and the body do not get born again. It is the spirit of man that becomes totally new at salvation. So, although every believer receives the same miraculous spiritual rebirth, the visible results of that inward change will vary from person to person according to how much he renews his mind. The term “heart” can include all of the inner man – spirit, soul, or any portion thereof. The peace of God will keep your heart at rest in Christ Jesus. Let Him.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. Prayer Points For Spiritual Growth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 143. A Prayer For Help. An Earnest Appeal For Guidance And Deliverance (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. Prayer Points For Breaking Stubborn Curses (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. Confessions That Bring Prosperity (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. Prayer Points Against Evil Patterns (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. Prayer Points Against The Spirit Of Fear! Fear Must Die (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Halloween- a Celebration of Darkness (ioan17.wordpress.com)
- Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. Prayers For Revelation “Know The Secret” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The only purpose (thislifeiowe.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 140. A Prayer For Protection. A Prayer For Deliverance From Evil Men (bummyla.wordpress.com)