Psalms 102. The LORD’s Eternal Love. The Prayer Of A Troubled Youth
A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD
1 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. 2 Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily. 3 For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth. 4 My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread. 5 By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin. 6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert. 7 I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top. 8 Mine enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are mad against me are sworn against me. 9 For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping, 10 Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down. 11 My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.
12 But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations. 13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come. 14 For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof. 15 So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory. 16 When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory. 17 He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer. 18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD. 19 For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth; 20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death; 21 To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem; 22 When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD.
23 He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days. 24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations. 25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. 26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: 27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end. 28 The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Psalm 86. A Prayer For Help. A Prayer For Mercy, With Meditation On The Excellencies Of The LORD (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 51. A Prayer For Forgiveness. A Prayer Of Repentance (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 74. A Prayer For National Deliverance. A Plea For Relief From Oppressors (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 85. Prayer That The LORD Will Restore Favour To The Land. A Prayer For The Nation’s Welfare (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 88. A Prayer For Help In Despondency. A Cry For Help (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 90. The Eternity Of God And Man’s Frailty (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 17. The Prayer Of An Innocent Person. Prayer With Confidence In Final Salvation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 119. A Prayer For Help (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 30. The Blessedness Of Answered Prayer. A Prayer Of Thanksgiving (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 31. A Prayer Of Trust In God. The LORD A Fortress In Adversity (bummyla.wordpress.com)