The Spirit of Wisdom
“The Spirit Of The LORD Shall Rest Upon Him, The Spirit Of Wisdom…” Isaiah 11:2 NKJV
During His earthly ministry Jesus needed “The Spirit Of Wisdom” when it came to making decisions and dealing with the enemy. As believers, that same Spirit lives in us. James 3:15 NKJV says there are three kinds of Wisdom:
- Earthly Wisdom, which isn’t always dependable because “Sometimes what seems right is really a road to death” (Proverbs 16:25 CEV).
- Sensual Wisdom, which is based on emotions that can lead to confusion, hurt, and jealousy.
- Demonic Wisdom, which is selfish, lustful, and ungodly.
- Godly Wisdom, which “…(comes) from above is……pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and…….hypocrisy” (James 3:17 NKJV). The Bible says, “(When) you need wisdom, ask….God, and He will give it to you…” (James 1:5 NLT). And when you’re praying, ask yourself these questions:
- Are my motives pure or will I be ashamed of them later on?
- Will my decision result in mercy and compassion or strife and stress?
- Have I considered all the people who’ll be affected by the outcome?
- Am I willing to submit to what God wants or am I determined to plough on regardless?
- Will the end result cause me to have a harsh attitude or will it produce an environment where love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control can grow? (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Is it fair and impartial or does it favour a particular person or group?
- Can I in good conscience pursue this particular course of action or does it involve some level of deceit and selfishness?
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Fights, Gripes, and Rough Edges (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Do Not Despise These Small Beginnings, For The LORD Rejoices To See The Work Begin. Zechariah 4:10 (NLT) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly John 10:10, NKJV (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Colours of the Church (brokenbelievers.com)
- Christ is made unto us wisdom (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Like A Child Grows (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Pursue Peace (Part 1 of 2) (krisbelfils.wordpress.com)
- What is the image of God? (radiqx.com)
- Not Crazy – A Devotion (lthomason.wordpress.com)
- October 20 (newstrength.wordpress.com)