Children Series Part 6[8+]
Emeka’s Story! (13 years Old)
My parents had to travel to Enugu to see grandpa because he was very ill. Aunty Esther our house help took care of my younger brother and I while they were away. One night, I was asleep in my room, when she walked in, sat on my bed and touched my body. I woke up startled. She smiled at me and left my room. I was really scared, I couldn’t sleep that night. Again the next day, she came into my room, she touched my private body part and asked me to keep it a secret. I felt very unhappy and confused. I had a feeling it was wrong and I wanted to tell mum and dad, but I was scared because Aunty Esther threatened to kill me if my parents know about our “Little Secret”. Then I heard about good and bad secrets. I knew it was a bad secret, so I told Mum and Dad.
“Tomorrow is your mother’s birthday; I want to give her a surprise gift. Please do not tell her”, says daddy.
“Your daddy will be back from US tomorrow, I want to surprise him with a welcome party, please do not tell him when he calls”
These are good secrets as they will not be kept for long. Good secrets make you happy and excited and you will eventually tell someone about it later.
Bad secrets make you unhappy and sad. It can also make you feel nervous. Some bad secrets are:
When an adult touches or fondles your breast and he says, “Please don’t tell anyone about this”.
“If you tell your mum, I will kill you”.
“Or if you tell your mummy, she won’t believe you anyway”. Now, that is a bad secret.
When a teenager plays with any of your private body parts and he or she says “Let this be a secret between us. I will buy you something if you do not tell” That is also a bad secret.
Do not keep bad secrets, it will hurt and haunt you later
If an adult tells you not to tell your parents, or anyone then you really need to tell them.
It is totally wrong for you to obey an adult, older boy or girl that asks you not to tell your parents anything.
Do not keep secrets that make you feel bad inside. It’s okay to break a promise you made to an adult not to tell about sexual abuse.
GO AHEAD – TELL! TELL!! AND TELL AGAIN……………………….!!!!!!!!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Places where child sexual abuse can take place (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What Is Child Sexual Abuse? Lola’s Story (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Child Sexual Abusers! Joel’s Story (Children Series Part 2 [8+] ) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Keeping Your Body Safe From Sexual Abuse (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Boy Scouts release secret child abuse files (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Sexuality Issues for Adult Survivors of Incest and Child Sexual Abuse (stoningdemons.wordpress.com)
- Two print ads against child sexual abuse (kahatkabirsuno.wordpress.com)
- Another risk factor. Another reason ADULTS must be the ones to take action for children. (scanofnova.wordpress.com)
- Book: From Child Sexual Abuse to Adult Sexual Risk: Trauma, Revictimization, and Intervention (stoningdemons.wordpress.com)
- A Book Called “Abby’s Secret Abyss” (prweb.com)