Seven Things God Hates! Beware! (Sermon Note)
Text: Proverbs 6:16-23
We are a blessed and unstoppable generation. Sin separates us from God and as children of God we must obey His commandments John 15:5 says we cannot do anything if we are outside of Christ. He is The Alpha; He is The Omega, the unchangeable Changer, The Rock of Ages and Ancient of Days. He is a Loving Father but He cannot condone our sins. Today we will look at seven things The Almighty God hates and as obedient children we must run and avoid these things if we are to belong truly to The Unstoppable Generation. The grace to avoid these things God will give unto us in Jesus Christ Name, Amen! Zachariah 4:6
- 1. A Proud Look
A proud look is a product of a proud heart. This is a position where a person thinks he is above the status of others, believes he is better that all other people and thereby carries this around – Psalm 18:27, Psalm 101:5, Isaiah 2:11-12 says God will humble those who are proud. God resist the proud – James 4:6, 1 Peter 5; 5, a proud look distances God from man Psalm 138:6
- 2. A Lying Tongue.
God hates this because it speaks scornfully against the righteous Psalm 31:18. Gehazi got leprosy as a result of lying tongue, he lied to Naaman that his master Elisha sent him which of course is not true – 2 Kings 5:22. The tongue can set the whole body, a whole Nation on fire hence the prayer of David in Psalm 102:2 – Deliver me O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.
- 3. Hands that shed innocent Blood.
Esther 7:10. Haman ends up in the gallows he prepared for Mordecai. The end of anyone that kills dream and visions of others is always disastrous except they repent. Genesis 4:11.
- 4. A heart that devise wicked imagination
God has a very good plan for the human race, He wants us to multiply and dominate the earth. His plans towards us are good and not evil and wicked, to give an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11 but the imagination of man continue to be evil and wicked, this grieves God. We need to guide our hearts with all diligence because out of it are the issues of life – Proverbs 4:23. Let the Word of God continuously dwell in us, meditating day and night on the Word of God Joshua 1:8; Matthew 12:34 what comes out of our mouth is a reflection of what is in our heart, if it is full of God’s Words edifying words that glorify God will surely come out of our mouth.
- 5. Feet that is swift in running mischief
Our legs are vital they need to be where God wants us to be. The question is where does our legs carry us to? To the congregation of the righteous or to the wicked? Do we walk in the counsel of ungodly or sit among the scornful. Psalm 1:1.
- 6. A false witness that speaketh lie
As mentioned God hates lies. False witness has sent many to their untimely death which is like hands that shed innocent blood.
- 7. Sowing discord among brethren
We should be builders and not to scatter the congregation. We should live with each other in love. Show concern and forsake not the Assembly of God’s people. We must love our neighbour and care for them.
Salvation is by grace through faith in our LORD Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8. It is the gift of God. Hence, a sincere repentance is required for a true salvation to take place. God wants us to repent genuinely and turn our back to sin and obey His commandment. What do we do with the Word of God? Which category do we belong in the parable of the Sower as illustrated in Matthew 13:3-8
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Unstoppable Generation By Pastor Peter Amenkhienan RCCG (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 12. A prayer for help. Man’s treachery and God’s constancy (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 20. A Prayer For Victory. The Assurance Of God’s Saving Work (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 17. The Prayer Of An Innocent Person. Prayer With Confidence In Final Salvation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 19. God’s Glory In Creation. The Perfect Revelation Of The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 15. What God requires. The character of those who may dwell with the LORD (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 16. A Prayer Of Confidence. The Hope Of The Faithful And The Messiah’s Victory (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 11. Faith in the LORD’s righteousness. Confidence in the LORD (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 18. God The Sovereign Saviour. Song Of Victory (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Behold, Children Are A Heritage From The LORD. Psalms 127:3-5 (Amplified Version) (bummyla.wordpress.com)