Glorious Generation (Sermon Note)
Gory is part of the excellence of God. Thus, the chosen of God do normally reveal His glory in all areas of their lives. In this study, we shall examine the way God reveal His glory in the lives of His chosen ones, from one generation to another. May the Lord Himself teach us through His Holy Spirit in Jesus Name, Amen!
Bible Passage: Genesis 12:1-3
God deliberately chose Abraham to separate him from others and to bless him – Genesis 12:1. Abraham had no input in the divine choice – Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 5:8
Once Abraham accepted God’s invitation, God’s manifested upon him and his generations to follow. Abraham became the first recorded rich and wealthy man in the Bible – Genesis 13:2; 24:34-35; 14:14.
The glory of God upon Abraham did not allow him to be sick on any single occasion in all recorded history. That was possible because God was his great physician – Exodus 15:26; Psalms 105:37; Deuteronomy 7:15.
The promise of God was fulfilled in the life of Abraham – Genesis 17:19; Genesis 21:1-3.
God has glorious promises for us all – Jeremiah 29:11-13; Job 22:23-30.
Abraham ended well – Genesis 25-8. This is the lot of all chosen people of God – Job 5:26.
He was a child of promise, specially chosen – Genesis 15:4; Genesis 17:19.
The glory of God manifested in the life of Isaac in all areas – Genesis 26:12-14 – the glory of God continued in the life of Isaac after Abraham.
Isaac ended well – Genesis 35:29.
The glory of God continued to Isaac’s generation and was extended to Jacob, his chosen son.
Just as God picked Abraham from among many in the land of Ur, as He picked Isaac over his brother Ishmael, God chose Jacob over Esau – Genesis 25:23. Jacob became very great indeed.
We are now the glorious generations of Abraham, who are qualified to partake of his blessings and the promises of God to him. 1 Kings 8:56-58; Joshua 24:15; Numbers 23:19; Romans 4:20-21; Mark 9:23; Isaiah 3:10-11.
Conclusion: To be able to access the blessings of Abraham, you must be in Christ.
Altar Call: you need to have Jesus to succeed!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Life Of Praise And Thanksgiving (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Wait More On The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon by Pastor E A Adeboye, August 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Service 60th Annual Convention “Come Up Higher” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Man Christ Jesus (hitchhikeamerica.wordpress.com)
- Messianic Prophecy Number 11: Gen 21.12 – In Isaac Would Abraham’s Seed Be Called (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- Messianic Prophecy Number 15: Gen 28.14 – Abraham’s, and Isaac’s Promise Repeated to Jacob (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- The Faith Of Abraham And The Unbelief Of Sarah (dwyerkathleen.wordpress.com)