God delights in your prayers
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is His delight (Proverbs 15:8).
Prayer is a spiritual exercise based on man’s communion or fellowship with God. It could be in the form of request, supplication, praise or thanksgiving. Now, the Bible says that the prayer of the righteous is God’s delight. What makes the prayer of the righteous delightsome isn’t just its content, but the one who’s praying.
You see, the delight of a father is in the request of his children. In other words, every time you want something and you go to your father, as against going to a stranger, he is happy. No father is happy when his child goes to a stranger to ask for clothes or money or food. Likewise, the delight of our Heavenly Father is when we present our request to Him through prayer. He doesn’t want you looking up to your boss, your business or the government for your needs, for He is the one Who supplies, “………..all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). It’s also important that you recognize that your requests or the content of your prayer should change as you mature in God’s Word.
I’m sure you wanted to have everything you saw when you were a little child; you saw a dog passing and you wanted one; you saw a train and you wanted one too. You requested for almost everything you saw, some of which you didn’t get because you weren’t matured enough to handle the responsibility. But as you grew, you put away such childish attitude. You must get to a stage in your spiritual life where you’ll no longer need to make any request before your needs are met. All you do is praise and thank God for you’ve become convinced of His passion towards you.
There was a time when everything you say in your prayer was only about you: “God give me this; give me that;” “Oh God, keep the devil away from me; don’t let the devil trouble me anymore.” But as you grow in God’s Word, you begin to say, “God, give me souls; help me to win more people to you.” You’re praying more for others than yourself. In other words, your vision expands; you’re more concerned about the vision of your Heavenly Father for the world. That’s the joy and delight of God.
Dear Heavenly Father, I rejoice in the knowledge that You delight in my prayers. I thank You because Your vision has became my vision and Your passion for soul winning, in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Christ is made unto us wisdom (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For every one that ask receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened (Luke 11:10) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Let your dream in life be for people to see Jesus Christ in you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The righteousness which is by faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free (John 8:32) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread (Matthew 6:11) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Any man without self control is as defenceless as a city with broken down walls (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way – Psalm 37:23 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Come Now And Let Us Reason Together Says The LORD (bummyla.wordpress.com)