The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
– Proverbs 28:1
One of my greatest inspirations of boldness is John the Baptist. He was not someone that the world considered special. He dressed strangely and ate strange food. He didn’t have any special gifting. He preached about God’s kingdom, boldly carrying out what his King had called Him to do. John the Baptist didn’t care what people said or what they thought. It didn’t matter how uncool it was, how undesirable it was, or how bad people hated him. He was even thrown in jail for what he said and later beheaded because of his boldness.
Another one of my Bible heroes is the Apostle Paul who wrote these words in his letter to the Romans: For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile (Romans 1:16). But that kind of boldness can’t happen until you know who you are and you know your place in Christ. This world is hurt and it’s dying. We need voices in the wilderness right now. We need voices to step up and start proclaiming the gospel of Christ with the boldness of John the Baptist and the Apostle Paul did.
Stay strong. If your family, friends and associates hate you for your beliefs, it doesn’t matter. Persecution will come. Just rely on Christ. Have peace knowing that he’s with you. Christ is a hundred percent more important than your family, friends and neighbours. He’s the only reason we live.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Our Inheritance With Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Secret To A Dynamic Christian Life! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I Have Never Seen The Righteous Forsaken, Nor His Children Begging Bread (Psalms 37:25) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The righteousness which is by faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Success can be defined as the ability to minimize your errors (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Count your blessings (loveisnotaboutgender.wordpress.com)
- Bold As A Lion (theraysofsunshine.wordpress.com)
- Let Your Roar Be Heard! (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 10:25 (proverbialthought.com)
- Proverbs 10:30 (proverbialthought.com)