Do not yield to the devil’s accusations
“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength and the Kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night” (Revelation 12:10)
One of the devil’s key strategies is to keep people in bondage to their past by reminding them of their sins. He’ll haunt you with the thoughts and pictures of your wrongs. He’ll always tell you how useless you are and give you more than enough reasons why you would fail in life.
But you shouldn’t allow the devil give you a bad day through his railing accusations. God’s calling upon your life was clearly stated before the world began; He already determined that you should be a success in life. Remember that one of satan’s title is “the accuser of the brethren”, and he is an expert at it because he’s been at it a long time.
There are Christians today who have lost faith and stopped going to church all because they did something wrong. I wonder if they realized that their solution was in God’s Word; “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).
In Romans 6:14, God says, “Sin shall not have dominion over you.” So when you do something wrong, don’t let it have dominion over you. Don’t stay there wishing your world would come to an end. Your sins have been removed from your life, as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). God has dumped them into the abyss.
If the devil reminds you of your past, you remind him of his future (Revelation 20:10). Refuse to be weighed down by the failures of your past, and begin to declare your glorious future in Christ Jesus. Understand this: God loves you! If He loved you while you were yet a sinner, how much more now that you are His child (Romans 5:8).
I have been delivered from the bondage of sin, hence, it cannot dominate me. My heart is established upon the Word of God; therefore, I’m not moved by the devil’s schemes and accusations.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- God hears your cries no matter how many times you mess up. He is rich in mercy (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The righteousness which is by faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sorrow And Bitterness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Inheritance With Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Someone Tried To Kill Me This Past Weekend (jamaljivanjee.com)
- I Am Not… (kswpgoodfriends.wordpress.com)
- Love in God’s Eyes (jarhead1992.wordpress.com)
- How to Be Like a Child in the Kingdom of God (thelifechurchofdesplaines.wordpress.com)
- A “lectio” a day, will help keep the devil at bay… (catholicjournaling.wordpress.com)