For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)
Just as a sacrificial lamb gave its purity in exchange for Israel’s sins, Jesus became the sacrificial Lamb for the whole world. He gave us His nature in exchange for our sinful nature. When He was hanged on the cross, He had the worst experience of His life. He became sin for us and was separated from His father. His love for us was what kept Him through.
Jesus went to hell, defeated the devil and needed to be raised to life. God sent His life-giving Spirit to raise Him back to life. The world was accustomed to the principle of death, but now, a life-giving Spirit was beyond their imagination.
“Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). The Holy Spirit of the Almighty God is the glory of the Father that brought Jesus back from death. If the Holy Spirit hadn’t raised Him back to life, He would have remained there. When He came out from the grave, He came out, not as the one who was made sin on the cross, but as a new creation, born of the Holy Spirit.
When you gave your life to Jesus Christ, you received the same life that raised Him from dead. Just like Him, you became a new creation. When He died, you died in Him and when He was buried, you were buried in Him. And when He rose from the dead, you rose in Him with a brand new life!
You’re now a master over your world because you don’t function under the law of sin and death which formerly enslaved you. Rather, you function by a brand new Law: The Law of The Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. That’s the Law for the new creation!
Dear Heavenly Father! I thank You because I’m a new creation, born of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, I reign in this life because I function in the Law of The Spirit of Life, in Jesus Christ Name I pray, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Our Inheritance With Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You should never lack anything because you have a legal document that confers on you the right to all of God’s wealth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sorrow And Bitterness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Always On God’s Mind (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Being filled with the fruits of righteousness “by” Christ (ptl2010.com)
- He Became Sin (godsfingers.wordpress.com)
- 15 Days in the Word with John Piper – WILL WE ARRIVE BLAMELESS ON THE DAY OF CHRIST? (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Faith Child – Your sins count before, your works count after (ptl2010.com)
- 15 Days in the Word with John Piper – 6 ASPECTS OF HUMILITY (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)