Sorrow And Bitterness
Sorrow and bitterness are two things that should never be found in the life of a Christian. They could create an opening for devils to attack your mind and body. There’s something about sorrow, sadness and bitterness that attracts the devil, and he’ll take advantage of every little situation. Whenever someone is bitter or sorrowing about something, be sure of one thing; an evil spirit is waiting to get on the case. Let me expatiate with this illustration.
Put a sweet or sugary substance on the table and leave it there for a while. Before long, ants will begin to gather around and feed on the substance. Ants possess an instinctive propensity to seek out sweet things. Though you can’t tell where the ants came from they’ll surely find their way to the substance. Demons are that way as well.
Sorrow and bitterness are serious troubles that you shouldn’t take lightly. Nobody wants to be sorrowful or bitter for a long time. Therefore, when you meet someone who is persistently sorrowful and bitter, then you’ve got to realize that another force is motivating such persistence. Such a man or woman must begin to renew his or her mind with the Word of God; otherwise, he or she is headed for serious trouble.
The Bible says, “Be ye angry, and sin not; let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil” (Ephesians 4:26-27). Therefore, if you’re bitter against someone or sorrowful about an unfortunate event in your life, it’s time for you to wake up and take charge of your life with the Word of God!
You may have been sorrowing because of the loss of a loved one, I want to remind you 1 Thessalonians 4:13 says “………that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.” Furthermore, give no room for bitterness in your life. The Bible says, “Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice” (Ephesians 4:31). Don’t give the devil a foothold in your life.
Dear Heavenly Father, I give every hurt and pains that I may be harbouring in my heart to You. I ask that You heal every wound (physical or emotional) in my life. By the power of the Holy Spirit, I put away sorrow and bitterness from my life and I yield to the healing and cleansing power of Your Word, in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Homesick For Heaven (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Inheritance With Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Rapture (Sermon Note) Part 2 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You should never lack anything because you have a legal document that confers on you the right to all of God’s wealth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon by Pastor E A Adeboye, August 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Service 60th Annual Convention “Come Up Higher” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Any man without self control is as defenceless as a city with broken down walls (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Have You Ever Been Speechless with Sorrow? (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- I Just Keep Trusting The Lord ! (ubebetternotbitter.wordpress.com)
- How to Walk in the Spirit of God: Part 3 (theeyesoffaith.wordpress.com)
- Free from Emotional Pain (ptl2010.com)