READ: Hebrews 9:17
A testament is a will. Jesus left us a will before He went to heaven. A will is only enforced after the death of the one who made the will. In other words, a testament is of no effect until the death of the testator. If a man writes a will, his will is of no power until the man is dead. Whoever he wills his estate to becomes the one with the legal right to possess it. If the will says everything belongs to the last born child in the family, he or she then becomes the only one with the legal document to possess the entire property.
The peculiarity of the will Jesus left for us is this: He knew there was nobody on the face of the earth who would execute His will for us, therefore He rose from the grave to see to it that we, the beneficiaries of that will, got our inheritance. When He ascended into heaven, He left us the HOLYSPIRIT, to show us the provisions of our inheritance: “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God” (1 Corinthians 2:12).
Not only does the Holy Spirit lives in you, He’s with you to see to it that no one cheats you out of the provisions of the will Our Lord Jesus Christ left for us. In that will, it is stated that Eternal Life – the Indestructible Life of God – is your present – hour – possession! It is stated that you have a right to be forgiven all your sins. It is stated that you should never fail, be poor or be sick! You should never lack anything because you have a legal document that confers on you the right to all of God’s wealth. That document says you’re a Prince of Power with God; you have favour everywhere you go; the angels of God have been assigned to watch over you and ensure everything works well with and for you. All you need is to acquaint yourself with the provisions of that will. Get to know what belongs to you by giving yourself to the careful and diligent study of God’s Word; that is His Will expressed to us.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Come Now And Let Us Reason Together Says The LORD (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- But My God Shall Supply All Your Need According To His Riches In Glory By Christ Jesus. Philppians 4:19 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- All of God’s power is wrapped up in the Gospel (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points For August 2012 Redeemed Christian Church Of God RCCG 60th Convention “Come Up Higher” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Before your burden overcomes you, trust God to put His arms underneath you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There Is Only One Way to Heaven-be Sure Are You Ready to Meet Him?are You Sure? (ioan17.wordpress.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ August 20, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- Morning Prayaer ~ August 21, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ August 22, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)