A Thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all round you, but you will not be harmed (Psalm 91:7)
“Let your aim be certain and he dies,” the chief commanded. The Indian warriors took aim and fired at the last remaining officer on horseback. Round after round after round screamed toward him. Twice they shot his horse out from underneath him. Four bullets tore through his coat. Over 700 of his comrades fell around him. They retreated in utter defeat. Yet the 23 year old lieutenant colonel remained unscathed, not a single mark on his skin.
Nine days later he wrote his brother, “…by the all-powerful dispensations of Providence I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation….”
Thirty-four more years passed and this same George Washington became the first president of the United States of America after defeating the mightiest army on the face of the planet with a band of poorly disciplined soldiers who spent most of the war retreating from the enemy.
Is it any wonder he placed his hand on a Bible opened to Deuteronomy chapter 28 when he was first sworn into office? As he looked back at his own life he clearly understood that a sovereign God rules over the affairs of men and nations.
Do you sometimes think it’s all up to you? Do you ever wonder if God is really in control? How do you think George Washington would have answered this question?
Your View of God Really Matters …
When you face daunting circumstances and the panic begins to rise in your throat and your pulse quickens, what do you do first:
b) Redouble your efforts?
c) Acknowledge that God is in control?
Your response says everything about how you really view God.
What More Does God Say?
Deuteronomy 28:1-6, 7-8, 12-13; Deuteronomy 28:15-19, 20-21, 25, 30, 34, 42, 63
Because God is Sovereign, I will joyfully submit to His Will.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Sermon By Pastor E A Adeboye RCCG 60th Annual RCCG Convention. Come Up Higher – THAT I MAY KNOW HIM (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love Means Discipline (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- But My God Shall Supply All Your Need According To His Riches In Glory By Christ Jesus. Philppians 4:19 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points For August 2012 Redeemed Christian Church Of God RCCG 60th Convention “Come Up Higher” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Delight Yourself In The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me. – Psalm 27:10 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A person is made right with God through faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Secret Sins (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Put Your Trust In God! Just Trust And Obey! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Is God All Powerful or Not? (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)