Is there a secret sin in your life taking you down the wrong road?
“Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful desire will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please The Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.” (Galatians 6:8)
God does not wait until judgment day to settle sin accounts. He also built natural consequences into sin as a deterrent.
I am reminded of a friend who was one of the most remarkable preachers I have known. He was a pastor of a thriving church. Then one day, a prostitute came to his office seeking his counsel. He felt sorry for her and asked his wife if this prostitute could live in their home so they could rehabilitate her.
After living with them for three weeks, the prostitute told his wife that she wanted her husband. The wife just laughed in disbelief. They had a happy home and several children. He was one of the pillars in the Christian community. Yet to everyone’s shock, he eventually left his family to live with this prostitute.
Many people from the Christian community pleaded with him to repent from his sin, but he persisted. He had several illegitimate children. In time, the prostitute deserted him for another man.
Finally, this former pastor did come back to the Lord, but he had been brought so low that despite his giftedness he could not hold a job. Finally, he went to his grave prematurely – a broken man.
We cannot thumb our noses at God’s righteous principles and not expect to experience the just consequences of our actions. I live daily in reverential fear of God because when we disobey Him, we open the door to greater temptations. Sin grows until it totally engulfs us in destruction.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Is there a “secret sin” in your life taking you down the wrong road? Do not deceive yourself into thinking that there will not be consequences. Turn around today while you still can! Change your behaviour by shifting your focus from your sin to God Himself.
What More Does God Say?
Galatians 6:7-8; Jude 1:22-23
Because God is just, He will always treat me fairly
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Yours Kindness Quotient (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Run To The Cross (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Living the Surrendered Life (Day 17) (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- God Created The Whole Universe Through Him And For Him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Christ The Redeemer’s Friends International (CRFI) Anthem (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Book of Galatians in 30 Tweets (pjcockrell.wordpress.com)
- Sexual Sin in Ministry (savouringthegospel.wordpress.com)
- Seek God Until You Find Him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Are You A Good Steward? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Destructiveness Of Sin (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What is sin? (keyword-power.com)
- Holy Baptism: The Door of the Spiritual Life (poetrywritersbookshop.org)
- Sin & Its Effects-how are you effected by your actions? (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- When God Got Divorced (divorcecovenant.wordpress.com)
- Faith Child – Praying Right with Confession (ptl2010.com)
- Recycled Sin: Has it become a trend to the point that we are accepting it as truth?? (virtuouswoman73.wordpress.com)
- God is Reasonable to Reason With! (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Urdu Blog – 40 Secret Sins (ptl2010.com)
- Repent (genesisone.wordpress.com)
- 1 John (shirlblake.com)
- “The True Gate Of The Lord” (dollag.wordpress.com)
- Bible Verses to Save Your Marriage After an Affair (affaircare.com)
- Are You Lost? (ising4god.com)
- Remembrance of Things Past: Hell and other Diversions for the Young at Heart (choiceindying.com)
- Suffering and Sorrow Leads to Joy and Gladness (keyword-power.com)
- Gentle Shepherd Come and Lead Us….But I Still Did It My Way (intimacywithchrist.wordpress.com)
- The Sufficiency of Christ (jonahmb.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know This About Jesus Christ, Salvation & the Kingdom of Heaven? (justmureithi.wordpress.com)
- A new friend with thoughtful questions (markkelly.wordpress.com)
- The Gospel According to Paul (mgriffinrobert.com)
- THE MYSTERY OF THE GOSPEL REVEALED – Barry Boucher (barryboucher.typepad.com)
- Every thing at free of cost (dedanan.wordpress.com)
- Full Disclosure is Our Responsibility (dansardinas.typepad.com)
- If You Can Believe! (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- Tolerance, Intolerance, and Truth (pilgrimpassing.com)
- Last Nights Sermon Notes (dollag.wordpress.com)
- eternally secure | here’s what i think (maryhess.com)
- Earn salvation? No way! (leadmeintheeverlastingway.com)
- From death to life (musingsofapinkwoman.wordpress.com)
- Pentecost 8 – “Strangers and Citizens” (Ephesians 2:11-22) (revtucher.com)