It is great to be righteous! God is keenly interested in what the righteous has. While the world focus on the wealth of the wicked, God focuses on the little that the righteous has.
A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. (Psalms 37:16)
From this scripture we are told that some possessions are better than others. That means you can have little as a righteous individual and give of your little; it will be of great value to God than the individual who gives of his or her abundance but lives in secret sin. Are you righteous but you are bothered because you earn so little and cannot give much? Don’t be troubled! All God is looking for is that little in your hands. He will bless it and abundance will spring forth from there.
Moreover, according to Psalms 37:17, while God is breaking the arms of the wicked, He is strengthening the hands of the righteous. God uses His hands to uphold the righteous. Are you righteous? Rejoice! You are guaranteed to stay on top because God’s hands are holding you up. You will not fall! You will not fail! God is your backbone. In addition, another benefit of the righteous is that he is never forsaken. David testifies of this in Psalms 37:25:
I have been young, and am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
He says during his life time, he has experienced and observed God’s track record of faithfulness to the righteous. Are you righteous? God is not far from you. He is ever present with you whether you feel Him or not. He will not forsake you. In Matthew 28:20, His ever-abiding presence with the righteous is promised. Besides, David says he has never seen the children of the righteous begging bread. Psalms 37:3 says:
Trust in The LORD, and do good; so shall thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Some people think to enter Heaven; they must go like Lazarus the beggar. No! You can go like wealthy and famous Father Abraham. You can go like influential and honourable Daniel. If truly you are righteous, your seed should not beg for food. If you see the seed of any righteous begging, you can be sure something is wrong somewhere.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- God night to all…A Pslams 37 reminder from my friend, Keith. Thank you (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- The Psalms 1 – The Righteous and the Ungodly (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Wait More On The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 11 – The Refuge of the Upright (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 9 – Thanksgiving for God’s Justice (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Dangerous new attacks on our emotions and our health. Here is what to do now! (mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 1 :: The Way of the Righteous and the Ungodly (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Trust Receive Rejoice (shareaverse.wordpress.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ July 16, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)