The Body Of Christ
READ: 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
Those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. —1 Corinthians 12:22
The number of people who run a business out of their homes is in the millions. But some have found that working alone can be a little too lonely. To give these lonely ones a community, “co-working” spaces have been designed. Large facilities are rented out where people working by themselves can share space with others. They have their own work area but can exchange ideas with fellow independent workers. It’s for those who feel they can work better together than they do alone.
Sometimes Christians think they work better alone. But we are meant to work together with others in the church. Every Christian has been placed into “The Body Of Christ” (1 Cor. 12:27). And the Lord desires that we take part in fellowship with a local community of believers—using our spiritual gifts and working together in His service.
Yet for various reasons, some aren’t able to join in. Because of health issues, they may be shut in at home or may not know how to fit in at church. Yet they are a needed part of the body (vv.22-25). That’s when others can meet their need for togetherness. Let’s do our part so that others may feel they’re an integral part of the community of faith. We work better together than alone. —Anne Cetas
Thinking It Over
What can you do to help others feel a part of your church
community? Visit, pray with them, read Scripture together,
drop a note, or invite them to join you in serving others.
Fellowship builds us up and binds us together.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Christ The Power And Wisdom Of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1st Corinthians 9: Above Our Rights & Privileges (cutpaste.typepad.com)
- Divisions within Christianity (hipfellows.wordpress.com)
- Annotated Outline of 1 Corinthians (mgriffinrobert.com)
- Are you a Christian (worksbyjjchristianblogs.wordpress.com)
- What Do I Write…. Jesus Christ Is Lord! (justmureithi.wordpress.com)
- The body of Christ (ramblingchildofgod.wordpress.com)
- Becoming The Body of Christ (crossroadjunction.com)
- Being independent of the Body is being independent of God; we all are members! (mshylandsclass.wordpress.com)
- Glorious, Messy Reality (crossroadjunction.com)
- Nine Reasons Why Your Church May Need a Blog (e1evation.com)
- Deliverance Ministry In Endtimes (endtimeebookreviews.wordpress.com)
- Coals burning coals (mshylandsclass.wordpress.com)
- The Precious Gift of Faith (truthinscripture.com)