Leave it all in God’s Hands
God is All Powerful
“He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, I am trusting Him.” (Psalm 9:12).
Looking back at historical events, we can see how God protected people in the past. When Napoleon’s massive French army was preparing to attack Feldkirch, a little town on the Austrian border, the citizens didn’t know what to do. When they spotted soldiers on the heights above the little town, a council of citizens was hastily summoned to decide whether the townspeople should try to defend themselves or display the white flag of surrender.
That fateful day happened to be Easter Sunday, so the townspeople gathered in the local church, as was their custom. The pastor rose and said, “Friends, we have been counting on our own strength, and apparently that has failed. As this is the day of our Lord‘s resurrection, let us just ring the bells, have our services as usual, and leave the matter in His hands. We know only our weaknesses, and the power of God to defend us.”
The council accepted his plan, so they rang the church bells. The enemy, hearing the sudden peal, concluded that the Austrian army had arrived during the night to defend the town. Before the service ended, the enemy broke camp and left!
No matter what threatening circumstances are encountered by those of us who truly trust our Lord, our all-powerful God is always with us. He is fully capable of shielding us from harm, even when we are unaware of the danger.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Do you rest in and experience the peace of God’s power and faithfulness, or do you fear the dangers of this world? Meditate on Psalm 91 and trust in Him.
What More Does God Say?
Psalm 46:1; Psalm 91:1-6
Because God is all-powerful, He can help me with anything.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- It’s Not Easy Being Green: Psalm 142:1-4 (psalmslife.com)
- Pray Psalm 4 (livingontilt.wordpress.com)
- When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me. – Psalm 27:10 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Very Present Help In Trouble (pttyann2.wordpress.com)
- Delight Yourself In The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What does “The LORD says to my Lord” mean? (fruitoftheword.com)
- Evensong ~ July 16, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- Psalm 37, Don’t Worry, Be Happy, Or Else! (mylordisjesus.wordpress.com)
- It’s Time for Wednesday’s Praise and Worship Session! (23) July 18 (pbus1.wordpress.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ July 16, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- God, the Source of Your Strength! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Where Do You Stand? (ising4god.com)
- Message of the Beatitudes – Six – Pure in Heart (pastorswifelife.com)
- What Do You Hear? (ising4god.com)