READ: Psalm 27:1-10
Culled from: www.odb.org
Years ago, when I was a student at the University of California at Berkeley, I developed a friendship with a fellow student who had suffered a terrible loss. His child had died and his wife had left him because she couldn’t deal with the pain.
One day, as my friend and I were walking down the street, we found ourselves behind a dishevelled mother with a grubby little boy in hand. She was angry at the child and was walking much too fast, towing him at a pace his little legs couldn’t maintain.
We reached a busy intersection where the child abruptly stopped and his hand slipped out of his mother’s grasp. She turned around, spat out a curse, and trudged on. The little boy sat down on the curb and burst into tears. Without a moment’s hesitation, my friend sat down next to him and gathered the little guy in his arms.
The woman turned and, looking at the child, began to curse again. My friend sighed and looked up. “Lady,” he said softly, “If you don’t want him, I’ll take him.”
So it is with our Father in heaven. He too has known great loss and loves us just as tenderly. Even if our friends and family forsake us, our God never will (Ps. 27:10). We are ever in His care. —David Roper
I love to dwell upon the thought
That Jesus cares for me,
It matters not what life may bring—
He loves me tenderly. —Adams
If God cares for sparrows, He surely cares for us.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalms 119:105 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love ♥ (chasingafterjesus.wordpress.com)
- The Healed Heart (foreverword.wordpress.com)
- I Confess (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Because of Who God Is (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit (John 4:24) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Never Give Up Attitude (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Just For You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Higher Things” Reflection for July 7 (brvanlanen.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Up Holds You (ariseandshineservices.wordpress.com)