The Antidote for Fear
Trust in God; trust also in me.
John 14:1, NIV
Jesus commanded His disciples to “trust in God; trust also in me.” The antidote for fear is faith.
When I toss and turn in the middle of the night, worried and fearful over something that is impending in my life or the life of someone I love, I am comforted and calmed as I meditate on Who God is. It helps me plant my faith in Someone Who is bigger than my fears. I just fall back on Who God is and rest in Him. He cannot be less than Himself! And my God is God!
Next time you feel afraid, make up a list – not of your fears but of the characteristics of God. Find a Scripture verse or passage to substantiate each one as you reconsider your situation in light of Who God is. Then, if you feel it would be helpful to list your fears, make sure beside each one you write down the attribute of God that applies. The secret to peace lies in your focus.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Keeping Up With the Joneses (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Home, God’s Church (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points for July 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Service “Good Success” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Or Man Pleasers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalms 119:105 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Get Connected To God, Get connected To His Son Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 40 Dirty Behaviours To Get Rid Off This Year By God’s Grace (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- All of God’s power is wrapped up in the Gospel (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points for July 2012 Prayer and Fasting Period for RCCG Partners (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Is Christ In You? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The rippling tide of bitterness, its consequence, and its antidote (savouringthegospel.wordpress.com)
- The Destructiveness Of Sin (bummyla.wordpress.com)