“Henceforth I call you not servant; for the servant knows not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you” (John 15:15)
God testifies that you are the salt of the earth and the light of the world (Matthew 5:13-16). The testimony of a child of God is of great significance. Revelation 1:5-6 says we have been made kings and priests unto God. 1 Peter 2:9 says, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous lights.” By divine appointment, every child of God is a priest of the King of kings, a saint and a holy person. He is peculiar – different. As salt of the earth, the believer arrests decay and preserves what is good. This is why corruption should not thrive anywhere a bona fide believer is. Are corrupt practices flourishing where you are? If yes, then you are not living as the salt of the earth that you are.
Long before refrigerators were invented, salt was used in preserving meat. It is able to keep flies at bay and therefore prevent infestation of maggots. If meat was already decaying, as soon as salt was introduced, that was the end to its decadence. In what ways have you lived up to God’s billing or testimony? Being called the “Light of the World” makes us the opposite of darkness. The entrance of light brings in shouts of jubilation, joy and life. Whenever there is light, you would be prompted to attend to tasks that were abandoned. To what extent have you affected people around you as salt or light?
In John 15:15, Jesus further calls us friends. it is a great honour to be introduced as the friend of Mr President how much more as the friend of the Most High God. You can be certain that all doors will fling open to you at the mention of that Name – JESUS. What God expects from you is that having called you with such precious names, He wants you to live up to what you are called so that, it can become your testimonial. Ask God for grace to live up to the worth of your names. It is when your life agrees with the name the Lord has called you that it becomes your testimonial.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- “You are the salt of the earth and the light of the world” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Actions speak louder than words! (givegodtheglory.wordpress.com)
- Salt & Light – Wait, What? (parlaadaltavoce.wordpress.com)
- Audio Readings June 12, 2012 Tuesday of the 10th Week in Oridinary Time (sacredheartcatholicchurchcrosbytexas.wordpress.com)
- Evensong ~ June 12, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- Salt and Light (leadmeintheeverlastingway.com)
- Faith without sight… (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)
- Luminosity (brokenbelievers.com)
- Tuesday (June 12): “You are the salt of the earth and the light of the world” (shechina.wordpress.com)
- Can Faith Be Private? (doohan.id.au)
- Daily Devotional | The Power Of Your Testimony (thelivingwordministries.wordpress.com)
- Witnessing for Christ (christiansnotions.wordpress.com)
- Death by proxy (dailymedit.wordpress.com)
- Being Real about our Pain (thelifechangeministry.wordpress.com)
- We Are Gifts to One Another! (thexortr.wordpress.com)