The Unpardonable Sin. Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

Church of the Holy Spirit in Chełmno

The Unpardonable SinBlasphemy against the Holy Ghost

MATTHEW 12:31,

“Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shalt be forgiven unto men: but blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.”

LUKE 12:10; MATTHEW 12:24-31; MARK 3:22-30

The word “blaspheme” means “to speak evil of; defame; or revile.” In context, Jesus is saying that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is attributing the working of the Holy Spirit to the devil. Many people in the Bible did this, including Saul, who became the Apostle Paul. However, we see in 1 Timothy 1:13, that Paul said he received mercy concerning his blasphemy because he had done it “ignorantly in unbelief.” Therefore, the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost Jesus is warning against must be willfully reviling the Holy Ghost with knowledge of what is being done.

This parallels Hebrews 6:4-6, where qualifications are placed on those who can fall away from grace. This passage indicates that only a mature Christian can commit such a thing. Likewise, with blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, rash statements spoken against the Holy Spirit in ignorance or unbelief by those who don’t really know what they are doing can be forgiven.

From our human perspective, no clear line can be drawn as to when someone becomes accountable for blasphemies and has committed this unpardonable sin. We can be assured that God knows the hearts of all men and that He will judge righteously concerning this. However, God’s Word does show us that when anyone becomes a “reprobate,” they lose all conviction from God (Rom. 1:28).

Therefore, anyone who is convicted and repentant over having possibly blasphemed the Holy Ghost has not yet reached the place where it is unpardonable or they wouldn’t care. Keep your heart tender and sensitive to Him. Listen to His voice speak to you through His Word today.

May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!

Advertisements

About Bummyla

I am a fun loving, hard working, christain young man, who loves to blog.

This entry was posted in Jesus and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to The Unpardonable Sin. Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

1. Benjamin Lai says:

Great to receive confirmation on the definition of the unpardonable sin; it brings much comfort to those who fear God and who may accidentally say something negative about the Holy Spirit.

2. ansuyo says:

Great explanation of this passage!!

3. Pingback: God can use you « bummyla

4. Tim Shey says:

Very good post. You may want to read this sometime:

“Satanic Christians”

5. Pingback: Sermon By Pastor E. A Adeboye. RCCG April Special Children’s Holy Ghost Service “Rising Stars” « bummyla

6. Pingback: maturing beyond sinfulness « power of language blog: partnering with reality by JR Fibonacci

7. Pingback: the holy one and the divided one « power of language blog: partnering with reality by JR Fibonacci

8. Pingback: The Holy Spirit « bummyla

9. Pingback: Sermon By Pastor E A Adeboye July 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Service “GOOD SUCCESS” « bummyla

10. Pingback: Be Holy For I Am Holy « bummyla

11. charles says:

Hello, I’ve been struggling with this fear for about a year now. I’ve hand memories come into my head and a OCD like attack of tormenting blasphemy.

A year ago I came to Christ , well I accepted the truth. The attacks or convictions go like this. There are 3 memories of things I said. I’m not even sure I said them but that’s what my mind is saying.

First one is I’m watching tv and someone was talking in tounges and I said that person was possessed.

Second one is I’m driving down the road and it was around Halloween and these kids were dressed as devils at a church, I said there devil worshipers .

The third one is. That I called god a evil spirit. I tried to remember why I’d say such a thing and I don’t even know why, I didn’t know who god was and after knowing him I couldn’t say them things, I think I was saying them things cause of how evil this world is. But it’s not him it’s the ruler of this age who is bad.

Now I don’t believe these things. And like I said I don’t even remember if I said these things. I never liked religion or knew much about God or Jesus. But one day I started looking for the truth about life and came to the bible after looking at many other religions and science theory’s. anyone willing to talk to me? I’ve prayed a lot over this and tried to explain myself to the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Any help would be awesome. Prayers would be nice also, I’ve confessed and repented with tears and fear like no other to these things even though I don’t remember if I did them or not. Should I have done that? Please help

• BUMMYLA says:

Hello Mr. Charles!

Peace! You have not blasphemed against THE HOLY SPIRIT!

God is Love and Love is God! “For God has not given us (Including you Charles) the spirit of fear; but of power (Including to resist the devil and evil thought from invading you mind) and of love, and of a sound mind (Your Sound Mind Charles)” 2 Timothy 1:7.

So Sir! Claim what is rightful yours in Christ Jesus!

So stop condemning yourself, please forgive yourself for God has forgiven you that why He has not allowed the enemy to finish off with you!

Fear is from the devil. The father of lies! Satan has three ministries to Steal (Your Mind) Kill (Your Destiny and Life) and to destroy (Your Internal Heritage in Christ Jesus), but thanks be to Our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ Who has come that we may have life and have it more abundantly! John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)”
      Brother! Confess your sins to God and forgive yourself of your past sin, God has wiped them clean and accept the free gift of salvation in Our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Always read Psalm 51. Always cover yourself and your thoughts and mind with the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ: The Weapon we have against our enemy the roaring lion devil, who constantly seek whom to devour). Revelation 12:11 “They overcame him (satan) by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of their testimony”
      Find a Bible believing Church and immerse yourself in the work of your Father and never look back again!

I wish you the best in Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! Amen!

God Bless You Mr. Charles and take care of you; May GOD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace, In Jesus Christ Name, I pray! Amen!
      Bummyla

12. Pingback: Follow the Holy Spirit. | GodLovesBummyla

13. Christopher Sadoun says:

There was the First Aion Age when Jesus was walking the Earth and arguing with the Pharisees, which corresponds to when Jesus said “This age” (Bible, New Testament, Matthew 12:31-32)

There was the Second Aion Age when Jesus was dead in the tomb, which corresponds to when Jesus said “the age to come” (Bible, New Testament, Matthew 12:31-32)

There is a the Third Aion Age when Jesus was resurrected alive again and also is the Age when Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit is forgiven and is also the age that we are in now. This age goes on for eternity.

Thus ALL GO TO HEAVEN and nothing changed about grace.
    Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the term word for unbelief.
    ALL GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE unbelief is forgiven.

A Time in the Life of Jesus is an Age because Jesus is God and is that important.

“Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. ” (Bible, New Testament, Matthew 12:32)

Matthew 12:32 is when Jesus canceled the Old Code of the law found in Matthew 12:31.

“And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.” (Bible, New Testament, Matthew 12:31)

In the Third age blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is forgiven along with all sins.

Jesus died for You You will go to heaven.

14. Gee says:

CAN BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT BE COMMITTED IN THOUGHTS OR MUST IT BE SPOKEN

15. Pingback: Great High Priest, we see Thee stooping | God Loves Bummyla

16. Pingback: Lord, in Thy presence we are met | God Loves Bummyla

17. Pingback: Come unto Me, ye weary, And I will give you rest | God Loves Bummyla

18. Pingback: Be With Us, Gracious Lord, Today | God Loves Bummyla

19. Pingback: Bearing False Witness Part 1. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye | God Loves Bummyla