God is present everywhere
“No, I will not abandon you as orphans – I will come to you.” (John 14:P18)
“I feel so alone,” Bev said, “with my husband gone and all my children married. Sometimes I can hardly bear the pain, the anguish. At times it’s as though I am about to suffocate—I am so lonely!”
Bev was in her late 70s. Her husband was dead, and her other family members were involved in their own careers and activities. Though they loved her, they were so busy they seldom saw her to express that love.
I shared with her the good news of the one who loved her so much that He died on the cross for her and paid the penalty for her sins, the one who promised never to leave her once He came.
There in the loneliness of her living room, she bowed with me in prayer and invited the risen living Christ to take up residence in her life, to forgive her, to make her a child of God. When she lifted her face, her cheeks were moist with tears and her heart was made new with joy.
“I feel so different,” she said. “Already I feel enveloped with the sense of God’s presence. His love and His peace.”
As the months passed, it became increasingly evident that she was not alone. He who was with her had been faithful to His promise never to leave her.
Do you feel deserted, alone, rejected? Do you have problems with you family, work, school or health? Whatever may be your need, Jesus is waiting to make His presence real to you.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Do you want to more fully experience His presence? Confess all known sin. Obey His commands. Meditate on His Word. And talk with Him about everything as you go through your day.
What More Does God Say?
Because God is ever-present, He is always with me.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The God Of This Very Moment (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Acknowledged by Our Lord Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Presence At Church (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Your God Will Bless Your Work And Fill Your Barns With Corn. He Will Bless You In The Land That He Is Giving You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Spirit and Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 1-3 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Battlefield of the Mind Devotional – Day 8 of 14 – Getting What We Want (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Hip Hop Culture 101 – FIVE Elements? by ReAsOn DiSciPLe (davidicalhiphop.wordpress.com)
- Author Aaron E. Peters Presents Fresh Insights Into God’s Word In His New Book ‘Musings of the Heart’ (prweb.com)
- God I Want… (beingabetteru.wordpress.com)
- Christ: The Only Savior (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Entering God’s Presence through Praise (sarasmusings.wordpress.com)
- Especially Beautified (allsufficientgrace.wordpress.com)