Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4
Grief Takes Time
James 4:4 says, “Your life is like a mist. You can see it for a short time, but then it goes away.”
We speak of a short life—but compared to eternity, who has a long one? But in God’s plan every life is long enough and every death is timely. And though you and I might wish for a longer life, God knows better.
Ecclesiastes 7:3 says, “Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us.”
Egyptians dress in black for six months. Orthodox Jews offer prayers for a deceased parent every day for eleven months. Some Muslims wear mourning clothes for a year. Am I the only one who senses we hurry our hurts?
Grief takes time. Give yourself some.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Message of the Beatitudes – Two (pastorswifelife.com)
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012 @ Psalms 54-56 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- God changes mourning to joy (gemsofgodsgrace.wordpress.com)
- The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 6 (asorensen.wordpress.com)
- Why God? Why? (aroadtohome.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 30 (powerofamoment.com)
- Blessed are those… (littlethingsoflife.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 112: The Blessed One (joyofthemaster.wordpress.com)
- Black (thespohrsaremultiplying.com)
- Matthew 24:4-5 Bible Verse of the Day (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Matthew 5:1-12 (ayearinchrist.wordpress.com)
- Short and Sweet (wycliffeusa.wordpress.com)
- Learning to be Comfortable with Discomfort (everydayawe.com)
- Overcoming Shame and Guilt (thummim.wordpress.com)
- Prayer (gracehour.wordpress.com)
- Comfort in The Bad Times (webmasteryates.wordpress.com)
- Lesson 2 of Salvation Series – How Does One Become a Christian and Remain One? Part 1 (sdayouthkorea.org)